Get ATI 1950XTX or wait R600 G80?

Emrtr4

Jul 31, 2006
I have heard on multiple sites that the G80 Nvidia chip (supposidly based around RSX) will be released sometime this fall.

Also, ATI plans to release their PC R600 this november-january.

So my question is, should I wait to build a new PC when one of those is released or buy a X1950XTX this august (which is when it will be released).

There are no current PC games that I want to run, but Bioshock, UT2007, MEdtotalwar2, Crysis, and others are going to be released at the very end of this year or in the first few months of 2007.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Emrtr4
I have heard on multiple sites that the G80 Nvidia chip (supposidly based around RSX) will be released sometime this fall.

Also, ATI plans to release their PC R600 this november-january.

So my question is, should I wait to build a new PC when one of those is released or buy a X1950XTX this august (which is when it will be released).

There are no current PC games that I want to run, but Bioshock, UT2007, MEdtotalwar2, Crysis, and others are going to be released at the very end of this year or in the first few months of 2007.

That right there should answer your question, wait for R600/G80. On top of being more powerful, R600/G80 will be DX10 compatible which will power the next generation PC games along with Windows Vista.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'm niot sold on Vista and I will refuse to use it right away. The same thing happened with XP for a bit. It was slower for gamers than 98SE was at the time and took a little bit to make the jump worth it.