Germany: "Iraq contract decisions must conform to international law," Bush: "International law? I better call my lawyer"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Actually it's two select companies to administer the contracts - Halliburton & Bechtel.
They set up the sub-contractors to actually do the work, while pocketing the first
25% to 40% of the money, then get mercenaries to do the hard stuff, free proffit.

Sample

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

What Bush meant to say, "yeah, I would know something about that but my daddy couldn't get me past admissions at UT-Austin.

:confused: I never realized that Yale Law couldn't teach him that if he wanted to learn.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: dpm

You've got to love that quote - the US saying to the world "the $18.6 billion that we put up only goes to us, but, if you play really, really nice, then we might let some of your companies have a piece of that $13 billion that you countries donated"
No, it says that the money IS eligible, not MAY be as you are claiming.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: charrison
The Iraqis ought to determine who gets the contracts.

When they are spending their dime, they can.

Then we should not have gone in there to begin with. It's our money. Big deal. Bush decided to run their lives for them. I suppose next we want democracy as long as they vote as we tell them.

We owe them for our actions, and too bad if that means things we do not like.

we owe them?

they owe us for the blood and gold that was required to rid them of a tyranical dictator.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
WinstonSmith: There's a difference between deciding how we want to spend our own money and deciding who runs their government.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo

Then we should not have gone in there to begin with. It's our money. Big deal. Bush decided to run their lives for them. I suppose next we want democracy as long as they vote as we tell them.

we owe them?

they owe us for the blood and gold that was required to rid them of a tyranical dictator.

Last time I checked, nobody asked you for your blood or your gold.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003

please explain the comment i bolded. i would like further information on how exactly Bush is running thier lives for them.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Genesys

please explain the comment i bolded. i would like further information on how exactly Bush is running thier lives for them.

If you have to ask.....
rolleye.gif

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: B00ne
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo

we owe them?

Last time I checked, nobody asked you for your blood or your gold.

well thats because they are all dead:p which isn't true either, because there are iraqis still left that wanted us to free them. they just don't spend their time killing people getting attention. fact is they asked us and the world for help years ago, and we failed em then. never asked for help my @%#

north korea didn't ask for sanctions, iraq didn't ask for em either:p