Germany - a little extreme...

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
i do not support the type of music that this is referring to nor do i listen to it or support their way of life/beliefs, but man i think the reaction is a little extreme...i guess this is why i live in the USA

CNN

sorry if this is a repost...

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Well they're a little more strict about this particular activity in Germany.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
There a lot of right-wing extremists in that part of the world. Those kinds of issues are extremely sensitive.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: bob4432
i do not support the type of music that this is referring to nor do i listen to it or support their way of life/beliefs, but man i think the reaction is a little extreme...i guess this is why i live in the USA

CNN

sorry if this is a repost...

Someone on here has a sig that goes something like this:

"Ah, germany, where they limit free speech and throw you in jail, so a dictator doesnt come along and limit free speech and throw you in jail."

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Bootprint
I wonder since the Swastika is outlawed, what they have in history books?

Flowers of course.

Germans were always happy peace loving people.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
From the article:

in Germany, the country which carried out the Holocaust.

Germany did that!?! Those bastards!

(good thing Reuters put that in there...)
rolleye.gif

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003

good question.

not trying to be insensitive, but it is part of world history. you cannot erase what has happend but learn from it and that doesn't being so f*cking strict that people go to jail for this type of stuff. i watch discovery wings on a daily basis and i see these old nazi symbols all the time on there, a learning channel. does it make me want to commint racially motivated crimes? hell no!!

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Wow that's too weird, I was JUST thinking about the whole German Nazi thing and wondering HOW any enlightened person could still follow this insane ideology.

(comes from being about halfway done reading Schindler's List I suppose)

The stupidity of human beings never ceases to amaze me.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: donlondon
Als nächstes steht bei fast allen Tieren ein Bad an, besonders bei den Hellfarbigen. Gebadet wird in lauwarmem Wasser mit eine pH-neutralen Schampoo, man kann auch ein mildes Katzenschampoo nehmen. überhaupt gibt es in der Katzenwelt einige Produkte, die zu übernehmen es sich lohnt. Vor allem von den Perserkatzen für die Langhaarmeerschweinchen. Das Tierchen wird gut eingeseift, nicht zu vergessen sind die Ohren, da das Ohrenschmalz sehr schwer abgeht, und in der Region über der Schwanzwurzel, die große Talgdrüse, das sogenannte Kaudalorgan, auf Verklebungen und Verfärbungen kontrolliert werden. Gegebenenfalls kann man es an der Talgdrüse mit einem Spülmittel versuchen, ansonsten mehrfach waschen und einweichen lassen. Die Ohren können innen vorsichtig mit einem Wattstäbchen gereinigt werden. Meistens ist dies nicht notwendig, aber kontrollieren sollte man es schon

is this translations correct:

As next, a bath stands with almost all animals, especially in the light-colored. Bathed becomes in lukewarm water with a pH-neutral Schampoo, one can also a mild Katzenschampoo gives. generally take it in the cats world some products to receive that it itself rewards. Above all of the persian cats for the long hair guinea pig. The Tierchen is lathered well, to forgotten not very heavily walked the ears, because the ears lard, and in the region over the tail root, that large tallow gland that are controlled so-called Kaudalorgan, on Verklebungen and Verfärbungen. If necessary one can let try it at the tallow gland with a Spülmittel, wash and soak otherwise repeatedly. The ears can be cleaned interior carefully with a Wattstäbchen. Usually this is not necessary, but should one control it already

i got it from one of the free tanslation sites....

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Als nächstes steht bei fast allen Tieren ein Bad an, besonders bei den Hellfarbigen. Gebadet wird in lauwarmem Wasser mit eine pH-neutralen Schampoo, man kann auch ein mildes Katzenschampoo nehmen. überhaupt gibt es in der Katzenwelt einige Produkte, die zu übernehmen es sich lohnt. Vor allem von den Perserkatzen für die Langhaarmeerschweinchen. Das Tierchen wird gut eingeseift, nicht zu vergessen sind die Ohren, da das Ohrenschmalz sehr schwer abgeht, und in der Region über der Schwanzwurzel, die große Talgdrüse, das sogenannte Kaudalorgan, auf Verklebungen und Verfärbungen kontrolliert werden. Gegebenenfalls kann man es an der Talgdrüse mit einem Spülmittel versuchen, ansonsten mehrfach waschen und einweichen lassen. Die Ohren können innen vorsichtig mit einem Wattstäbchen gereinigt werden. Meistens ist dies nicht notwendig, aber kontrollieren sollte man es schon

is this translations correct:

As next, a bath stands with almost all animals, especially in the light-colored. Bathed becomes in lukewarm water with a pH-neutral Schampoo, one can also a mild Katzenschampoo gives. generally take it in the cats world some products to receive that it itself rewards. Above all of the persian cats for the long hair guinea pig. The Tierchen is lathered well, to forgotten not very heavily walked the ears, because the ears lard, and in the region over the tail root, that large tallow gland that are controlled so-called Kaudalorgan, on Verklebungen and Verfärbungen. If necessary one can let try it at the tallow gland with a Spülmittel, wash and soak otherwise repeatedly. The ears can be cleaned interior carefully with a Wattstäbchen. Usually this is not necessary, but should one control it already

Nope its about the decline of Nazi Germany through the use of psychological warfare... good try though
i got it from one of the free tanslation sites....

give it to us in english as the translator i used sux

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000

good question.

not trying to be insensitive, but it is part of world history. you cannot erase what has happend but learn from it and that doesn't being so f*cking strict that people go to jail for this type of stuff. i watch discovery wings on a daily basis and i see these old nazi symbols all the time on there, a learning channel. does it make me want to commint racially motivated crimes? hell no!!

It has to be there, remember that Me-262 model airplane that had Swastikas on the tail?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i wonder how the germans like all our ww2 kill the germans fps games? i mean seriously, they are like our favorite video game monster.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: pyonir
From the article:

rolleye.gif

I mean honestly... if you don't know Germany committed the Holocaust you have no business even living.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I'm pretty sure that Germany (and its history books) makes no attempt to deny, erase or otherwise color their past in some favorable light. But yeah, it does seem a fair bit extreme....even if they still have problems with neo-nazi groups.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

good question.

i donm know what you all are talking about.

Yeah...the swastika in Germany is outlawed - the public display etc. This does not mean that it is not in history books or movies about WWII or whatsoever.

And yeah...Germany is very sensitive when it comes to things like neo-nazis and displaying their symbols and/or some very provocative songs from these bands.
And...it would certainly FIRST be the other countries which would be outraged ASSUMING Germany all of a sudden would give an ok to (say) songs where they glorify killing jews etc...etc... Are you kidding me ????? The other countries (usa, israel etc.) would probably snap....there were eclats and scandals earlier about much LESS 'things'...eg. i remember one issue coming up some German politican using some term (aka, try to translate' "jewish-dom") and the whole jewish community was outraged over such a word..etc..etc......
It also shows no understanding at all when people say things like "where they put people in jail so there will be no dictator who will put people in jail"...etc...
That's just BS, sorry.
How would you like it if all of a sudden groups would come along in teh usa glorifying Osama and 9/11 and chanting "death to the usa" and whatever.......i bet there would be SOME voices loud.
Or another example......we (because now i live in the usa :) are sooo extremely 'tolerant' that a SLIGHT funny comment on the workplace COULD result in accusations of racism, whatever....they are more strict here than in EU....from that point of view i could also argue there is no free speech in the states because i cannot make some (more or less) 'harmless' public dumb comments about blacks or women/minorities etc..you would get in trouble VERY quick :)

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
From the article:

rolleye.gif

If thats the quote they put in there it sounds as though the entire nation participated in the holocaust. Which in fact is not the case. The nazi's committed the crimes. A German != Nazi.

Apr 17, 2003
i dont understand. how is this different from making threats, which you can be arrested for doing here in the states

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Joker81
From the article:

rolleye.gif

If thats the quote they put in there it sounds as though the entire nation participated in the holocaust. Which in fact is not the case. The nazi's committed the crimes. A German != Nazi.

I don't think the statement was made that all Germans threw Jews into the oven, but it is well known that a lot of them committed terrible acts against the Jews, and most knew Jews were being tortured and murdered. I think you are playing semantics here for sure. I'm not saying everyone or even the bulk of them new the full extent of what was going on, but a good bit did.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
If people try to deny that the holocaust ever happened, everyone gets in an uproar.

if people get upset because Japan never admited to all their atrocities people yell about forgive and forget.

:rolll;

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: flexy

good question.

Yeah...the swastika in Germany is outlawed - the public display etc. This does not mean that it is not in history books or movies about WWII or whatsoever.

And yeah...Germany is very sensitive when it comes to things like neo-nazis and displaying their symbols and/or some very provocative songs from these bands.
And...it would certainly FIRST be the other countries which would be outraged ASSUMING Germany all of a sudden would give an ok to (say) songs where they glorify killing jews etc...etc... Are you kidding me ????? The other countries (usa, israel etc.) would probably snap....there were eclats and scandals earlier about much LESS 'things'...eg. i remember one issue coming up some German politican using some term (aka, try to translate' "jewish-dom") and the whole jewish community was outraged over such a word..etc..etc......
It also shows no understanding at all when people say things like "where they put people in jail so there will be no dictator who will put people in jail"...etc...
That's just BS, sorry.
How would you like it if all of a sudden groups would come along in teh usa glorifying Osama and 9/11 and chanting "death to the usa" and whatever.......i bet there would be SOME voices loud.
Or another example......we (because now i live in the usa :) are sooo extremely 'tolerant' that a SLIGHT funny comment on the workplace COULD result in accusations of racism, whatever....they are more strict here than in EU....from that point of view i could also argue there is no free speech in the states because i cannot make some (more or less) 'harmless' public dumb comments about blacks or women/minorities etc..you would get in trouble VERY quick :)

You can make racist comments all you want and not get into any criminal trouble in the US. As long as you don't lace it with a threat then it is protected. A public backleash against some malcontents screaming go Osama, etc would be simply that public and not criminal. Now if laced with a threat...Gitmo for you.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
this is very sensitive stuff in Europe and Germany in particular.

In Belgium (where I live), saying that the holocaust never happened is punishable by law

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003

good question.

That's just BS, sorry.

we have all the kkk meetings that are protected by the police so they have their right to demonstrate/say.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
How would you like it if all of a sudden groups would come along in teh usa glorifying Osama and 9/11 and chanting "death to the usa" and whatever.......

We already have that group. They're called muslims.