Georgia's Columbine:Elementary Student suspended for Gun Gesture with his finger and thumb on Weapons charge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Hoober
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Zero tolerance my nutsack. I just got done playing Doom!

9 levels of senseless MURDER on a PA system and 50" projector.

That's right, we should blame the video games!

rolleye.gif
I'm at school, dude. I should have ben expelled under zero tolerance policies.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
This is a statement from the 10 year old and his dad. The kid has been a discipline problem and Gwinett county has had several gun violations in its schools in the last few months and it seems like a daily event in Atlanta area schools as a whole. I see no problem suspending him. It helps get out the message of how seriously the matter is taken.

"School officials said the suspension was not in response to one isolated incident, but the result of repeated behavioral problems, which included a threat to kill other children earlier this year."

AmericasTeam

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: cashman
Are you fscking serious? GOOD GOD. That's it. I'm moving to Canada.

Sweet. Now if we can just get a 50 million people to go with you :D

Article is not shocking. I dont believe he was "........aiming at the ceiling". I think he pointed at somebody.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
Didn't Georgia secede? Why'd we let them back in?

-geoff

I think the real question is why did we let California become a state. Oh yeah, gold. It did work out to be a nice place to keep the freaks though.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Locally, the big huge front page news story was about a little kid that brought a couple of old bullets to school. Bullets are harmless. At the most they should've been taken from him and the parents notified - that's it. He has been suspended and everyone is still talking about it. How is the kid going to hurt someone with a bullet? Poke them in the eye with it?

Zero tolerance gives zero room for judgement calls, which is ridiculous.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: DougK62
Locally, the big huge front page news story was about a little kid that brought a couple of old bullets to school. Bullets are harmless. At the most they should've been taken from him and the parents notified - that's it. He has been suspended and everyone is still talking about it. How is the kid going to hurt someone with a bullet? Poke them in the eye with it?

Don't know much about bullets do you?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: fredtam

A gun tends to be required. What's he going to do, build one in shop class?

Well, maybe. We have some kids in our engineering course trying to build a hovercraft.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

Well, maybe. We have some kids in our engineering course trying to build a hovercraft.

In our shop classes you could build a Crossbow or a compound bow...

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003

A simple bang stick is easy to make. I made them when I was 10-12 years old along with potato guns, missiles/ bazookas from toy rockets, bombs, and other very dangerous things. I did this without the wealth of info on the internet to show me how. You could take those bullets and tape heavy ball bearings to the primer end. When they hit the ground the heavy ball bearing will hit first igniting the primer and disharging the bullet. Can you discrimanitely shoot people like that? no. Is it dangerous if you threw a couple into a crowd. Yes. Also fun to do with shotgun shells and marbles.