Georgia Republicans beg Trump to release them from his prison of lies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Maybe this is why Bill Barr is resigning.

Donald Trump Shares Tweet Saying Georgia Governor, Secretary of State 'Going to Jail' (msn.com)

the president retweeted the outlandish claim about Kemp and Raffensperger made by Lin Wood, a high-profile attorney who filed dubious, unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the results of the election.

"President Trump @realDonaldTrump is a genuinely good man," Wood wrote. "He does not really like to fire people. I bet he dislikes putting people in jail, especially 'Republicans.'

"He gave @BrianKempGA & @GaSecofState every chance to get it right. They refused. They will soon be going to jail."

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Maybe this is why Bill Barr is resigning.

Donald Trump Shares Tweet Saying Georgia Governor, Secretary of State 'Going to Jail' (msn.com)

the president retweeted the outlandish claim about Kemp and Raffensperger made by Lin Wood, a high-profile attorney who filed dubious, unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the results of the election.

"President Trump @realDonaldTrump is a genuinely good man," Wood wrote. "He does not really like to fire people. I bet he dislikes putting people in jail, especially 'Republicans.'

"He gave @BrianKempGA & @GaSecofState every chance to get it right. They refused. They will soon be going to jail."

Wonder when Barr realized the cray cray train had no end.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Trump support means very little. I don't know why you guys are still so obsessed with him. I know it mattered 0% on whether I voted Rep or Dem for the GA Senate runoff.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump support means very little. I don't know why you guys are still so obsessed with him. I know it mattered 0% on whether I voted Rep or Dem for the GA Senate runoff.
It's not his lack of support for the candidate so much. It's his saying that your system isn't even worth voting in it's so corrupt.

Reactions: cytg111

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
That's because you vote Republican for the tax benefits. Others vote Republican based on tribal identity issues. These are the folks Trump could sway to not vote. I don't think he'll convince any Reps to vote Dem. Overall, I still rate the Dem odds of winning even one seat in Georgia as slim to none with a bias toward none.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trump support means very little? Republicans are beholden to his cult like base. The majority of the former Republican party is the Trump party for as long as he wants them at this point. Probably at least 2/3 of the former Republican party is now the Trump party.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I guess I must be living in some crazy bubble. Because of all the people I know voted Republican in the last election and this upcoming GA Senate runoff all voted Republican in spite of Trump.

Reactions: ScreenSavers

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I guess I must be living in some crazy bubble. Because of all the people I know voted Republican in the last election and this upcoming GA Senate runoff all voted Republican in spite of Trump.
I find it fascinating that people would vote for any Republicans that enabled Trump for four years, especially two senators who support overthrowing democracy in Georgia. And vote for a party that cares more about broad corporate immunity vs money for small business and people on food bank lines or funding local governments including first responders and essential services. But yes, those are the Republicans we have left.

If Trump told his cult to stay home in Georgia, solid chance it swings the election.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So why didn't they vote for Trump. They obviously like to have crooks represent them in the Senate.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I find it fascinating that people would vote for any Republicans that enabled Trump for four years, especially two senators who support overthrowing democracy in Georgia. And vote for a party that cares more about broad corporate immunity vs money for small business and people on food bank lines or funding local governments including first responders and essential services. But yes, those are the Republicans we have left.

If Trump told his cult to stay home in Georgia, solid chance it swings the election.
Exactly. Vote for the people who advocate for ending voting.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
So why didn't they vote for Trump. They obviously like to have crooks represent them in the Senate.
They all voted for Trump. I'm the only one who didn't. They didn't want to vote for Biden because they feared national lockdown under Biden. They also thought the economy would do better under Trump vs Biden and didn't want the potential of higher taxes. None voted for Trump because they liked him.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
They all voted for Trump. I'm the only one who didn't. They didn't want to vote for Biden because they feared national lockdown under Biden. They also thought the economy would do better under Trump vs Biden and didn't want the potential of higher taxes. None voted for Trump because they liked him.
He has people who think he's chosen by god and you think it was "fiscal conservatives" that voted for him? In my anecdotal experience, fiscal conservatives I know stopped supporting republicans because it was obvious trump was a psychotic moron and they wanted no party to it. I give them credit for that at least, even though fiscal conservative policies tend to be trash anyways.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
He has people who think he's chosen by god and you think it was "fiscal conservatives" that voted for him? In my anecdotal experience, fiscal conservatives I know stopped supporting republicans because it was obvious trump was a psychotic moron and they wanted no party to it. I give them credit for that at least, even though fiscal conservative policies tend to be trash anyways.
They don't care about fiscal conservatism, an oxymoron if there ever was one, they want that sweet, sweet regressive taxation that taxes workers to the benefit of the investor class.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Saw on TV last night that the Trump clamoring for donations to enable his fight to overturn his defeat have netted $170,000,000. The reporter then said "read the fine print." Went on to say that the money largely has gone to the RNC and to fund Trump's further political ambitions, not efforts to overturn Trump's defeat.
Read today in the New York Times that the money he's been collecting to fight for overturning the election is going toward paying off Trump's personally guaranteed 1/2 billion dollar debt and that there's enough accumulated now to pay off more than 1/2 of that.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Did you? They? Vote Republican I mean? Or did they vote to end American democracy? :)

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
It's not his lack of support for the candidate so much. It's his saying that your system isn't even worth voting in it's so corrupt.
It mattered little to you. You clearly can speak in complete sentences and appear to have the ability to have rational thought. You realize that open q-anon believers are winning, right? That means, a not insignificant portion of Trump voters believe that democrats are part of a satanic child trafficking cult. Part of this belief is that ONLY Trump can save America. If Trump pulls the rug out from underneath the R's in this runnoff, it will matter. Even if he causes 5% of the people that normally vote R to stay home in protest, the dems could win.

The R's probably don't need to worry though, Kemp and company are working hard to suppress the Democratic vote. You know, the old fashioned way through long lines, fewer machines per capita, random purging of voter registrations. The Republicans are masters of cheating the democratic process. They know if they don't they won't win. Lyndsey said it himself, if everyone gets a vote, a Republican president will never win again.

Reactions: hal2kilo

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Read today in the New York Times that the money he's been collecting to fight for overturning the election is going toward paying off Trump's personally guaranteed 1/2 billion dollar debt and that there's enough accumulated now to pay off more than 1/2 of that.

Good, pretty sure that's illegal.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Did you? They? Vote Republican I mean? Or did they vote to end American democracy? :)
I voted Republican in the GA Senate runoff. Divided government is the best government. Giving one party total control is how you end democracy. Need to keep the check and balance so one party can't do too much damage.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I voted Republican in the GA Senate runoff. Divided government is the best government. Giving one party total control is how you end democracy. Need to keep the check and balance so one party can't do too much damage.
Have you noticed what they have been up to?