Georgia man living in trailer claims 270 Million dollar lottery jackpot

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Studies say you are less happy after winning a big jackpot, give it to me and I will take the burden.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
why the hell is it that the winning ticket is always bought by a hick whos poor and purchases the ticket at a store that no one goes to- it's absurd :|

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
You can take the man out of the trailer but you can't take the trailer out of the man.

My uncle that has no dept, makes 60k a year ( I am not saying he is rich) has 45k in savings at least and has at least $250,000.00 in his company's stock.

Some people like not paying a ton of property taxes I guess. Some people don't mind it. Granted it's not some cramped trailer park but he doesn't mind it.

Don't judge someone because they live in a trailer. At least not everyone.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Josh
why the hell is it that the winning ticket is always bought by a hick whos poor and purchases the ticket at a store that no one goes to- it's absurd :|

Always? I "always" hear of some 90 year old bitch on her deathbed winning the money. More power to this guy.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: yovonbishop
The sad part is that it'll probably get spent unwisely and he'll be broke again within X years.
Well, at least he's titillating the economy.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
The sad part is that it'll probably get spent unwisely and he'll be broke again within X years.

I'm not sure how you could even blow through all that money.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Phokus
I know of a few ways.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: her209
Originally posted by: Phokus
I know of a few ways.

Multiple gold plated mansions?

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
I find it funny that people assume that since the guy lives in a trailer he'll blow all the money or that he's "trailer trash". I wonder who's getting the last laugh?

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: nkgreen
I find it funny that people assume that since the guy lives in a trailer he'll blow all the money or that he's "trailer trash". I wonder who's getting the last laugh?

the "lottery curse" isn't just a myth. it happens all the time. people assume it will happen based on past history, not just because he lives in a trailer.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Originally posted by: hdeck

the "lottery curse" isn't just a myth. it happens all the time. people assume it will happen based on past history, not just because he lives in a trailer.

Perhaps, but shit like this irks me for some reason.

Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
You can take the man out of the trailer but you can't take the trailer out of the man.

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004

I'm not saying that because I assume he's "trailer trash". I've seen accounts in the past where many average people get the money who aren't used to having it and spend it unwisely rather than making sound financial decisions. Many people, trailer-dwellers or not, don't know very much about finances. If I got the money, I'd want to go out and blow it too, but hopefully I'd be smart enough to make some investments, etc, before it was all gone.

Kirby64

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2006

I'm not saying that because I assume he's "trailer trash". I've seen accounts in the past where many average people get the money who aren't used to having it and spend it unwisely rather than making sound financial decisions. Many people, trailer-dwellers or not, don't know very much about finances. If I got the money, I'd want to go out and blow it too, but hopefully I'd be smart enough to make some investments, etc, before it was all gone.

QFT. In addition, the people who buy lottery tickets regularly REALLY don't manage money well(they blow it on lotto tickets), so they basically will end up taking their $180 mill (lump sum I assume) and blowing it on the most extravagant crap. Also, don't forget the 21467827824 relatives coming out of the woodwork to get their share.

He's just going to go back to his old ways again, that's how the majority of them go.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Nice. It would be really hard to burn through $270million, although what's left after Taxes? Even at 50%(for eg), it would be difficult, but he probably has family he'll split it with into "blow-through" sized chunks.