Georgia high school students to host whites-only prom? WTF!?<<Update: O'Reilly rips our governor a new one>>

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
The kicker is that they only had their first integrated prom last year.

This is just embarassing. One more thing for the rest of the country to point at Georgia and say "See? They are a bunch of inbred racist rednecks!" :(

Update: Bill O'Reilly (he of the "hope the black kids aren't stealing our hubcaps comments) teed off on Purdue Tuesday.

On his previous program Monday night, O'Reilly accused Perdue of not speaking out publicly out of fear that "it might tee some people off."

"This is a brave guy, don't you think?" the host said to viewers of his "The O'Reilly Factor." "This is a real leader."

Story link to AJC.com

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I had an all white prom. Then again we had 0 minority students enrolled so it's not quite the same.

But yeh, this is pretty damn counterproductive.

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto1
"See? They are a bunch of inbred racist rednecks!" :(

Its kinda sad that in this day and age we cant get along together.. oh wait we cant.. just look a GWB..

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
Wonderful how a few people can influence the entire class.
rolleye.gif

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: MacGaven
Originally posted by: Fausto1"See? They are a bunch of inbred racist rednecks!"
These people sure as hell are, but Atlanta is the polar opposite. It's an amazingly integrated city. Hell, we have a black female mayor.

I'm just bummed that morons like this give the whole state a black eye.

Well, at least the school isn't directly involved, or it'd be QUITE illegal. Still bugs the hell outta me though. How can this happen in a day and age like this?

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: MacGaven
Originally posted by: Fausto1"See? They are a bunch of inbred racist rednecks!"
These people sure as hell are, but Atlanta is the polar opposite. It's an amazingly integrated city. Hell, we have a black female mayor.

I'm just bummed that morons like this give the whole state a black eye.

It's been my opinion for awhile that Atlanta is a northern city stuck in a redneck state.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
"See? They are a bunch of inbred racist rednecks!" :(

Its kinda sad that in this day and age we cant get along together.. oh wait we cant.. just look a GWB..

What the hell does GWB have to do with this?

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Whoa, is everyone getting that eHealth Insurance ad on the right? It's my brother .. freaked me out for a second. Apparently it was something he did in college and it's on a clipart collection. Anyway, that's all. :Q

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Wow, this is just incredible. Are they stuck in a timewarp bubble from 1960? err..um.. maybe I should cut down on the star trek reruns...

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
I have a question for you all- If a group of black students wanted to have an all-black prom, would you agree with that?

What about if a group of women wanted to have an all-female group? Would that be acceptable?

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Marshallj
I have a question for you all- If a group of black students wanted to have an all-black prom, would you agree with that?

What about if a group of women wanted to have an all-female group? Would that be acceptable?

no, i wouldn't agree. thats the whole point.

my question is, how much of this is due to the students wanting it, and how much is them being influenced by parents?

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

NO not ever
What about if a group of women wanted to have an all-female group? Would that be acceptable

A all female group? Do you have any comprehension of the difference between a plublic school and just a group?

Why are you defending raceism? A neo nazi skinhead maybe? I notice that you speak "you all"

Bleep

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
What amazes me is that these morons don't even realize how wrong it is. They say "Oh I'm going to both". Fvcking amazing. And you southerners wonder why everyone hates you. Maybe you should get your rednecks in line.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Bleep

NO not ever
What about if a group of women wanted to have an all-female group? Would that be acceptable

A all female group? Do you have any comprehension of the difference between a plublic school and just a group?

Why are you defending raceism? A neo nazi skinhead maybe? I notice that you speak "you all"

Bleep

Oh man, what a limp wristed hippy....

You took my question and twisted it all around to suit your skewed thoughts.

First of all, if you want to offend me, at least spell the insults correctly. What's "raceism"???? And WTF is a "plublic school"??? No, I guess I DO NOT have any comprehension of what a "plublic school" is.

And no, I do not support what they're doing. Nowhere in my post did I even hint that I think it's right. You just ASSumed that I did, and you ASSumed incorrectly.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker

no, i wouldn't agree. thats the whole point.

my question is, how much of this is due to the students wanting it, and how much is them being influenced by parents?

Yeah, makes me wonder too.

It amazes me that in 2003, people can still be "bass ackwards" like that, lol

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

It is pretty much clear by the posts here that people wouldn't support those kind of events either... I don't see what you are getting at...?