George Zimmerman arrested [again] on domestic violence charges

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Hopefully he gets locked away somewhere soon. I am sick of hearing about this jackass and the shit he keeps on doing.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The real news here is how a fat, unemployed guy like Zimmerman can have a semi-attractive girlfriend. Shows that Florida really is a shit hole.

Women like a man that they know can protect them.

Zimmerman is a confirmed killer.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The real news here is how a fat, unemployed guy like Zimmerman can have a semi-attractive girlfriend. Shows that Florida really is a shit hole.

apparently high profile prisoners get tons of fan mail and marriage proposals. while i doubt the majority are hotties, i'm sure one or two are.

point being, i guess, is anything is possible :p

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Every time I see Zimmerman's weasely face in the news I get this overpowering urge to smartly slap his head a few times with a rolled up newspaper. He really needs it. I get the feeling he does not play well with other children.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Every time I see Zimmerman's weasely face in the news I get this overpowering urge to smartly slap his head a few times with a rolled up newspaper. He really needs it. I get the feeling he does not play well with other children.

Funny, I get the same urges seeing certain usernames while browsing AT P&N.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Has it come out that this "GF" was never pregnant?

Interestingly, Hope Mason, Scheibe's mother... was questioned by the reporter Eric Sandoval in Florida whom she'd been in talks with for weeks, the same guy who revealed that she and her daughter had been seeking a paid interview for some time... and Hope Mason said "no comment" and laughed when asked about the pregnancy.

But then, she told Inside Edition within a couple of days of that, that Scheibe had been pregnant but she "miscarried a while ago"

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-zimmerman-accused-of-sending-image-from-intimate-video-to-girlfriends-daughter/

I find it interesting that the pregnancy, or claim of pregnancy, has now been confirmed by Scheibe's side. This lends weight to Zimmerman's version, where the central issue and his explanation for her actions and anger, all revolve around the pregnancy.

I also think it's telling that she said miscarriage. Conveniently, that might be the one scenario that didn't generate any medical records (unlike an ongoing pregnancy or an abortion) - but I could be proven wrong on that. Maybe she'll produce proof that she'd been pregnant. I doubt it though.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Funny, I get the same urges seeing certain usernames while browsing AT P&N.

To quote a friend of mine: "Yeah, weird huh?" ;)

But this Zimmerman fella, from what I've gleaned from the media, I bet he used to get the crap beat out of him in school every time a bell rang. The guy's profile suggests to me that he's a skulker, a misfit, like that poor hapless dude in the movie "Full Metal Jacket", ya know?

Last edited:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
This is SOOOO surprising.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...s-allegations-he-threatened-her-with-gun?lite

In a way I feel bad for the guy. Everybody wants to take a cheap shot at him, they want to nuance every situation and jump to the conclusion that he is at fault when the situation and woman is contributing more than her (their) share and lying about it. Hell, even that fuckwit Macklemore said it was racial profiling when it wasn't.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...s-allegations-he-threatened-her-with-gun?lite

In a way I feel bad for the guy. Everybody wants to take a cheap shot at him, they want to nuance every situation and jump to the conclusion that he is at fault when the situation and woman is contributing more than her (their) share and lying about it. Hell, even that fuckwit Macklemore said it was racial profiling when it wasn't.

I think GZ is a cop wannabe who got away with murder.

But I don't understand the obsession with the guy. So many people here won't be happy until he is convicted of a crime. Even if he isnt guilty if it. The system is broke, focus on that. Not this blithering moron.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

But I don't understand the obsession with the guy. So many people here won't be happy until he is convicted of a crime. Even if he isnt guilty if it. The system is broke, focus on that. Not this blithering moron.

He may be a cop wannabe but that doesn't mean he got away with murder. He was attacked and defended himself, as is his right. What precipitated that attack is immaterial as *all* people have a right to defend themselves if attacked. That is why he is walking as a free man. On the other hand, it is not illegal to follow somebody.

We don't need nannies protecting us 100% of the time. You have a basic human right to defend yourself.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
He may be a cop wannabe but that doesn't mean he got away with murder. He was attacked and defended himself, as is his right. What precipitated that attack is immaterial as *all* people have a right to defend themselves if attacked. That is why he is walking as a free man. On the other hand, it is not illegal to follow somebody.

We don't need nannies protecting us 100% of the time. You have a basic human right to defend yourself.

But he was trying to be a nanny.

Either way...glad the chick recanted. I can't stand people like her that make up lies.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
But he was trying to be a nanny.

Either way...glad the chick recanted. I can't stand people like her that make up lies.

He wasn't trying to be a "nanny". No more so than I am when I look out for my neighborhood. I have watched people and have even drove around discretely following them. Especially after there have been several burglaries in my area. There's absolutely nothing illegal about that and it does not give anybody the right to attack me.

In taking away my right to look after me and my own you are requiring a nanny state. Me doing that doesn't make me a nanny.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
He wasn't trying to be a "nanny". No more so than I am when I look out for my neighborhood. I have watched people and have even drove around discretely following them. Especially after there have been several burglaries in my area. There's absolutely nothing illegal about that and it does not give anybody the right to attack me.

In taking away my right to look after me and my own you are requiring a nanny state. Me doing that doesn't make me a nanny.

I see your point and we won't get far debating. I don't believe in following someone unless you saw them commit a crime. Stalking them because you think they might do something very well could get you killed or charged with a crime.

I'm all about defending myself. I'll call 911 just to CMA but I won't rely on someone else to protect me. But I also won't knowingly put myself in a bad situation and I damn sure won't play cop and follow people around.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

When OJ was released every time he just appeared in public there was a media frenzy.

Why should GZ be treated any differently and he is getting into trouble. It took many years for OJ to start fucking up

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I see your point and we won't get far debating. I don't believe in following someone unless you saw them commit a crime. Stalking them because you think they might do something very well could get you killed or charged with a crime.

I'm all about defending myself. I'll call 911 just to CMA but I won't rely on someone else to protect me. But I also won't knowingly put myself in a bad situation and I damn sure won't play cop and follow people around.

It isn't stalking them, it's checking things out to make sure you understand what's going on. If they attack you when you are doing that they are at fault, not you. You do *not* give up your Constitutional rights by following somebody to make sure they aren't doing something wrong. Whether you are putting yourself in a bad situation or not does not abrogate your rights, period. That is a massively slippery slope and a nanny state.

Back before we had 911 or people were pussified, it was normal to protect your own and understand what was going on around you. Now it's illegal and considered talking while you give up your rights to self-protection.

It's pretty sad that we have given up our rights like that.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
When OJ was released every time he just appeared in public there was a media frenzy.

Why should GZ be treated any differently and he is getting into trouble. It took many years for OJ to start fucking up

You and OJ again. Are you in love?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
It isn't stalking them, it's checking things out to make sure you understand what's going on. If they attack you when you are doing that they are at fault, not you. You do *not* give up your Constitutional rights by following somebody to make sure they aren't doing something wrong. Whether you are putting yourself in a bad situation or not does not abrogate your rights, period. That is a massively slippery slope and a nanny state.

Back before we had 911 or people were pussified, it was normal to protect your own and understand what was going on around you. Now it's illegal and considered talking while you give up your rights to self-protection.

It's pretty sad that we have given up our rights like that.

And here is where states differ. In my state there isn't any case law to decide that and I'm not keen on being the guinea pig. In other states the law is very specific that if you cause the situation, you are guilty of murder. The bad thing about this case is now in FL a very dangerous precedent was set.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I'm absolutely shocked that the loon who hooked up with the most hated man in the country while he was married and living in hiding, with a significant number of people who'd kill him on sight... turned out to be unstable.

I'm floored that the crazy woman who was shopping interviews around and faked a pregnancy to keep him around would lie about him threatening her...

In the end, it looks like it may be exactly what Zimmerman claimed: he was trying to leave, he unknowingly called her bluff on the fake pregnancy, she went crazy on him, lied about him, and what was the end result? He was forced to stay in Florida. She stopped him from leaving the state after all... just as he said she was trying to do.

Can I know for certain that she isn't just covering for him despite him actually having threatened her? No, I can't know that. What I do know, though, is that he sounded completely calm on his call and in the background of hers. I also know that someone loony enough to fake a pregnancy is loony enough to fake a domestic violence incident to get their way too.

At the very least, there seems to be a very strong possibility that he was telling the truth.

Joe_u

Sep 26, 2013

Read her affidavit. She never really denies what happened that day or what she says on the 911 call.

She sounds like an abused woman, who doesn't love herself much. Who else would be dating George Zimmerman.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Read her affidavit. She never really denies what happened that day or what she says on the 911 call.

She sounds like an abused woman, who doesn't love herself much. Who else would be dating George Zimmerman.

Well except for:
"I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to the police. I do not feel that the arrest report accurately recounts what happened," she said.

Or did you think she was going to come straight out and say she lied to the police?