George W. Bush: "I am Not dyslexic"

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I assume that he means dyslogic since the news are referring to his problems with spoken words (e.g. the inability to say 'hostage', saying 'hostile' instead - ditto for saying 'subliminable' and 'failing 3 times in a row on television to say 'subliminal') rather than written ones.

Read my lips! ;)

Now why be so adamant denying it? There's nothing wrong with being dyslogic or dyslexic. Some very bright individuals have this peculiarity and still achieve success.

;)

Pe Poo Poo Poo Pe Pa Pa Pa (Pe Dolice) ;)

DaemoN

Oct 14, 1999
At least he has something he can blame it on.. ;)

What the he!! do you blame "I'm the father of the Internet" on??? ;)

hehe

DaemoN

Oct 14, 1999
Red...
Guess your a democRAT ;) then? Sorry to offend you political views, but wasn't that a response just a tad harsh?

As far as that being a rumor... well I remeber when he said it. It was all over most of the tech sites...
Here is an example from a very respected site:
I'm Your Daddy!!!

Oh and here is another about how his web site is "Open Source" hehe
Open Source Al

Neither canidate is perfect but both are good for some laughs...

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000
none can top ole danny :p

"i believe i've made good judgements in the past, and i believe i've made good judgements in the future."

"Bobby Knight told me this: 'There is nothing that a good defense...............can not beat....a better offense. in other words a good offense wins!'"

and my personal fave. "Hawaii has always been a very pivetal role in the pacific, it is in the pacific, it is a part of the United states that is an island, that is right here."

DaemoN

Oct 14, 1999
nick... not exactly sure who that one is directed to...

If it's me in regards to my unlinkified links... Cut'N'Paste is easy enough... But here ya go anyways ;)

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< Tolle Links !!!! Get a training !!! >>

wtf???:D

edit-lmao. The only thing I can say in German is (don't know the spelling) Un Bier Bitter!:D:D

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< He has vowed to ?use our technology to enhance uncertainty abroad,? >>

So he's going to be taking over AOL, will he?

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
JohnLee you don't need to know more ;) Otherwise contact me. I'll mail you the most important phrases. ;)

DaemoN

Oct 14, 1999
Guten morgen nick,
It's 12:30am where I'm sitting.. how about where you at.. hmmm wonder why that is?
Danke for correcting my lack of linkification

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
DaemoN -- <<What the he!! do you blame &quot;I'm the father of the Internet&quot; on???>>

Not that I agree with everything Gore has to say, but it's about time to get beyond this lame misquote. Follow your own links to the actual quote. He said

<< During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. >>

meaning that he provided some leadership in promoting awareness and the need for supporting it in Congress, who, overall, is an organization not well known for their technological awareness.

If you're going to slame someone for what they said, you might as well do it with their actual words. Either that, or maybe I should mis-quote Bush-lite as having said that he wasn't dixlesic. ;)

I'm not thrilled with my choices, but Duh-bya's skull contains a vacuum looking for some place to suck. I hope it isn't the Whitehouse. :Q

DaemoN

Oct 14, 1999
Harvey,
Point taken... Although I was only summarizing from memory... I didn't remember his exact words but, &quot;taking initiative in creating the Internet&quot; is pretty darn close to claiming to be the father of the internet. He was still claiming that he took the initiative to create it.

BTW: Last time I checked it was Arpanet scientist who are usually credited with this little wonder of technology...

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
DaemoN -- The point is, if he really took the lead in promoting the benefits of the web to Congress, especially if he lead the way in getting it funded, then he deseves credit for being way ahead of the vast majority of Congress.

If that's the case, I think we all owe him a big thanks for that, regardless of political affiliation. Bush-lite put the DUH! in Duh-byah. I couldn't envision him with that much foresight. :p

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Isn't one of his sons dyslexic? I'm no expert on dsylexia but I wouldn't think it would make him ineligble for office. Btw, he did flat out say he wasn't dyslexic. Of course the media loves this. The hidden message: &quot;would you want a dyslexic president with his hand on the button?&quot;. :(

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I dislike Bush a lot, but even if he was dyslexic, that's no reason not to vote for him. Einstein was dyslexic as well. I'm not comparing Bush to Einstein, just making a point.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gore's main 'vision' for the past 7+ years has been trying to stay out of jail. Of course with the Attourney General in your back pocket it was not that great a feat. Nothing he has ever done was.

Gore stretches the truth to it's maximum. Clinton is the worst and best a Politician can be. Gore is only the worst!

I can state EXACTLY why I will not vote for Gore. All I hear from anyone here is bashing Bush and calling names. I think Democrats are just too stupid to address the issues. They lie a lot. Spend money like it has no end. Call names. Divide segments of the population, pitting one against the other...and always, always BUY every vote possible!

If you view taped speeches made by Bush from several years ago, he has the same mannerisms and body language he always has had. Gore has been coached and made up to be what you see today.

The Bush campaign has stuck to issues with a minimum of Gore Bashing. This is a critical mistake! Bashing works better than any other method....That is exactly how we got Clinton...

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
More proof that those Democratically aligned media fsck-ups (like Ted Turner and his buddies) are more concerned with creating news than reporting it. I'd like to hear some hard facts on this investigation of Gore for illegal fundraising (yes, I know that this is like the 30th time he has probably been investigated for something, but I believe it's newsworthy nonetheless). Of course, the media won't report on that, but they will give you a lot of speculation and hearsay about Bush's supposed dylexia in a most pathetic smear campaign :(

You can call Bush stupid all you want, but he's actually got a sh|tload of accomplishments under his belt. And, unlike Al Gore, he did not graduate from college in the BOTTOM 10% of his class (in fact he was in the top 50% at Yale).

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
You know there are so many nutty out-of-touch right wingers here , I'd love to see some nutty out-of-touch left-wingers for a change. People who believe the Republicans and the Religious Right are secretly dismantling the nation, sending all non-WASPS to other countries. People who get all their info from militant leftist websites, then quote it back on this board as bona fide info. That would really make this board more interesting.