George Takei: Justice Thomas 'a clown in blackface'

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Ahhh, now I see where you and Trollbeam are both confused, and apprently uninformed. I said nothing about being objective or even implied it. In fact, politics by its very nature is primarily opinion-based, which effectively makes it a subjective process.

The definition of partisan when used as I did means "Prejudiced in favor of a particular cause."

It is not the objectivity, or lack thereof, that is the issue to me. It's the lack of prejudice and the fact that I don't have to be a slave to ideology when coming up with my subjective political opinions.

BqOdvxd.jpg

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Thomas has a black man's chance in Jasper, TX to be elected to any office.

Which is kind of sad really. Clarence Thomas is one of the greatest Supreme Court justices ever to wear the robes. A true American Hero that all young people should aspire to be.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Which is kind of sad really. Clarence Thomas is one of the greatest Supreme Court justices ever to wear the robes. A true American Hero that all young people should aspire to be.

If you prefer small-minded, self-serving cunty bias over jurisprudence, you might think such a thing. and it appears you do.

History will prove him to be one of the worst--quite possibly the worst--to ever hold a seat. Scalia being his strongest competition.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
New contender for most humorous post of the year.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Better than Roberts who is in the tank for $$ or has a ton of dirt hanging over his head.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Thomas may well have an disorder like Bobby Jindal of how they think of themselves.. Just look at Bobby Jindal's official portrait of himself that hangs in his office

Bobby-Jindal-Portrait.jpg

Like an egg from a tall chicken.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/gov-jindal-flap-over-white-portrait-silly

The portrait, which is currently displayed in the Louisiana state capitol, is not Jindal’s official portrait and was reportedly privately commissioned by a Jindal supporter.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ahhh, now I see where you and Trollbeam are both confused, and apprently uninformed. I said nothing about being objective or even implied it. In fact, politics by its very nature is primarily opinion-based, which effectively makes it a subjective process.

The definition of partisan when used as I did means "Prejudiced in favor of a particular cause."

It is not the objectivity, or lack thereof, that is the issue to me. It's the lack of prejudice and the fact that I don't have to be a slave to ideology when coming up with my subjective political opinions.

I'm quite sure those other independents think the same thing as you do.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Ahh, well that totally explains why he refers to himself as 'tanned' in his 2016 campaign slogan. Maybe he's in the habit of letting supporters select his election strategy and script?

I'm sure Jindal's bizarre identity issue is somehow the fault of those dirty unwashed liberals though. A portrait where someone who isn't white looks white in it isn't silly, it's called an observation, mixed with a hell of a lot of curiosity no doubt. What's silly is an Indian guy thinking Indian guys can get a tan after hitting the beach. Shouldn't he, you know, know better? If you can laugh at a woman of Czech and Swedish ancestry for trying to pass herself off as black, then a dark Indian guy putting a portrait like that up of himself and talking like he's got Caucasian tastes in skin tone should be a no-brainer.

Sounds like something Jindal supporters should be able to manage without too much difficulty, but oh well.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2004
I'm quite sure those other independents think the same thing as you do.
Hopefully they display the same intelligence since me and my fellow Independent compatriots are what control the political outcome of this country while the moronic liberals lament conservatives and the moronic conservatives lament liberals. Keep up the battle between yourselves, fools, all while forgetting what is really important.