George Foreman grill - which one?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
how many people will it be feeding normally?

we have the medium/large one and with four people it is ok, but sometimes the jumbo would be nice

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Well I have two of them.

This one.

Got it at K-Mart during a speical sale for really cheap. Forgot how much.

And this one

Got it a long time for $10.

Personally, the small one is small and convenient but there isn't much space for anything. IF you jsut want it for a light quick meal it works great, but if you really want to eat theres not really room for much. The larger circular one is really nice since you can toss pretty much anything on there, but it's pretty huge and heavy. Oddly enough, I don't really use either of them much since theres usually much easier and convenient asian type of cooking things, which the George Foreman grill is kinda based on.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
its still a pain in the arse to clean. go small.

i got the big big one, and its inconvienent.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Thanks, I'll be buying this at a B&M store this week.

Unfortunately I think CostCo only has the huge one.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Fry's knocks the little ones out at $9 from time to time, I think you're near one?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com

we got our mediumish one at Sam's , but yeah, i don't think they carry the smaller ones

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001
They had the $19.99 one on sale last Friday for $9.99. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped though. Damn Amazon free shipping... :disgust:

Apr 5, 2000
The GR10 (smallest and cheapest) is the one we have. Good when it's raining or we're out of propane. Otherwise we never use it. Are you getting it for a couple in an apartment or something? I'd go for the GR18 because it's bigger

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
They closed my other thread, so I need to improvise.

What if I super glued myself to a George Foreman grill? :)

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
I've heard that the bun warmer is a major gimmick, any of you use it?
I don't think anyone has actually ever used the bun warmer feature.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
The GR10 (smallest and cheapest) is the one we have. Good when it's raining or we're out of propane. Otherwise we never use it. Are you getting it for a couple in an apartment or something? I'd go for the GR18 because it's bigger

Yep it's for a couple but they live in a house, the kitchen isn't that cramped for space.

Thanks for the info!

MistaTastyCakes

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2001
I have this one.. George Foreman GR10ABW Champ Grill with Bun Warmer, White

It's nice, it's big enough to fit a couple burgers on (which works fine since I live alone). The bun warmer is overrated though, and it always seems to steam up and make my buns a little damp.

(waits for someone to twist that last sentence to somethin' nasty) :p

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Those things are so cheaply made. They don't even come with an on-off switch so instead you just have to unplug it. They work though so I can't b!tch on that aspect. :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: idNut
Those things are so cheaply made. They don't even come with an on-off switch so instead you just have to unplug it. They work though so I can't b!tch on that aspect. :)

and I hear that the draining isn't that great nor is cleaning it.

Mar 15, 2003
Santa fe makes this great grill that I recently got my gf.. Works just like a foreman but you can also bake with it! Do a search for sante fe grill on amazon.. I've used it to make steak and we made brownies with it as well.. FAST (5 mins for brownies!) but hard to clean up (like the foreman)..I have the foreman myself and find a cast iron skillet easier and tastier for steaks (easier because I can just throw it into the dish washer, tastier because I can control the amount of "crust" on the steak).. But for a gift, get either the sante fe or the mid sized foreman (i think they go for $30).. It's not like you're going to be cleaning it! :)