His favorite singer: Brandy
Favorite city: Old Milwaukee
Initials of favorite sibling: J and B
Favorite Horse: Colt 45
First Legal Bill he'll introduce to Congress: Born on Dating
Favorite Hobby: Rolling Rocks
He speaks more than one language, but his favorite is: Old English
Finally the man that inspired him in politics: Samuel Adams

Wow first a guy who runs around in the white house, now a "recovered? alcoholic", in other words a drunk who's not drinking at this moment, in the white house. Man we sure are making big strides in this country.

TheDennis

Oct 27, 2000
The guy made a mistake. What's the big deal? He is no longer an alcoholic and doesn't drink. And to that I say congratulations. At least he has the willpower to do what most people can't do.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
classy, didn't you know it is a major transgression to post anything negative about Dubya here?

;) :D

Oh well, I thought it was funny, so flame me. :p

BTW, I think both Gore and Bush suck, so nyah nyah!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I would certainly rather have a recovering alcoholic than a practicing pathological liar such as what we have now, or could have in the future if Bore succeeds in his quest to hijack the election.

Russ, NCNE

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Classy:

I'm a Gore fan, but about the only thing Bush did right was to stop drinking and get some religion. I think he deserves kudos for it. However, your post was mildly amusing. :p

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Isla,

The joke itself was funny. His added commentary was ignorant.

Russ, NCNE

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
What we need is comic relief, so please, fire away at both candidates!

I'd rather read jokes than constant bickering.

How's this: Now, someone post a Gore joke, okay?

Take turns. ;)

Russ, You are right. The commentary was unfair.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

Actually, "W" is a mistake.

Taken from his own biography posted on CNN, he is quoted as saying the following: "Well, Dad's polls were showing a 91% approval rate, so I thought it was about time I gave another shot at politics..."

Whatever happened to people getting involved with politics because they were driven to accomplish something, because they were patriotic, and not just because of their family's popularity? Am I the only one who feel that politics is a calling, not for the demagogue or the person who craves power, but the dedicated. "W" has never been dedicated to anything, except his own personal gratification. I feel that this election has soiled democracy. Neither of these candidates can be elected -- Instead, they would have to be coronated!

I am against monarchies.
I am against nepotism.
I am against "The Kennedy's"
I am against "The Bush's"

And I guess I am against those people in this forum who can't see for themselves the BS we have been fed. These are not candidates! We never really had a choice. Democracy, in every way, was the big loser of this election.

sweetrobin

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2000
Well Bush is an ex alcoholic ... Gore is an ex pothead ... atleast Bush was honest about his ... Gore tried to get all his old stoner buddies to say that he didn't smoke it that often .. that was working really good till one of his buddies wouldnt go along with the statement that Gore prepared for him to say... That was back in '88 when he tried to run for president the first time. They showed a thing about it the other day. I thought it was very interesting ...

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
:) :) :) :) :) :)

That's what I like about you, DaBoneHead.

/me blows kisses to the mighty matador in the ring...

;)

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
sweetrobin - In light of Dubaya's recent drunk driving admission (after years of not answering the question) and the fact that he still will not directly answer any question about his past use of drugs, I think your point holds no water.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

Thank you Isla :)

And I thought "W" was the one in denial? He has acknowledged that he did some questionable things in his life, but he never said what.

But that brings up the character issue that was so important back during the clinton presidency... Is it now a moot point? Now that the Republican candidate has serious character flaws the Republicans want us to forget about the character issue? Hey, they talked the talk, but they don't want to walk the walk... Come on already! Nepotism, hypocrisy, debauchery... Just a few of my favorite things... *NOT*

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Hmmm "ignorant commentary", "Bush was honest"? Some of these comments amuse me. The point was not to hold his mistake against him but point out reality that he is NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE! I am sick of hearing these dog republicans try to make him to be so innocent. Allow me to point out a few facts.
First he has no shot to bring this country together.
80% of Jewish people did not vote for him
92% of Blacks did not vote for him
65% of hispanics did not vote him
55% of Asians did not vote him
55% of people not making $30,000 dollars did not vote for him
54% of all women did not vote for him
Hmmm the last time I checked this is the face of America. Those people I just mentioned are 1/3 of the entire country.
Second he did not win the popular vote. The last President not win the popular and win the election was 150 years ago.
He is a straight up "HYPOCRITE".
HE used the abortion issue. I just like him am against abortion, but not in all circumstances. Ex. rape and health danger to mother. But he gets painted as a compassionate man. Compassion my butt! He's willing to speak against abortion but yet sides with the NRA against any kind of laws against hand guns. In which 10 times more children and people are dying because of the lack of responsibility of people with these guns.
Here's a man who had the most hideous racial incident occur in his state in freaking ages. But he refused to sign a hate bill that would have stiffen penalties for lesser hate motivated crimes. Compassion huh? If getting dragged to death until your body parts fall off doesn't get any response from a person, nothing will. Maybe he needed some liquid courage to stand up and do what is right or maybe worse, he's prejudice. Oh I know you can explain it to me. Right?
And all this idiotic crying about hand recounts. Look here, did he or did he not sign a bill making it law that a hand count is more accurate than a machine? Yes he did. What the people in Florida are less honest than those in Texas?
And he did not reveal the drunk driving so who ever said he admitted to drunk driving and being a drunk period is lying, because he didn't until he was exposed.
I don't really like Gore all that much either, but he is better for the "entire" country than Bush.
So please for all you people pumping up Bush, please give me a break, your showing your "true color".

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gore is hammered by the Spin the RepubliKlans put out about him but Curious George is forgiven for putting countless lives of innocent Women and Children in Jeopardy because he'd get bombed to the gourd and go tooling around.

Likewise Bush is hammered by the DemoCraps for something he did 20yrs ago but Gore is forgiven for all his recent lies, and all the criminal investigations that are underway over his actions. So what's your point?

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
80% of Jewish people did not vote for him
92% of Blacks did not vote for him
65% of hispanics did not vote him
55% of Asians did not vote him
55% of people not making $30,000 dollars did not vote for him
54% of all women did not vote for him
Hmmm the last time I checked this is the face of America. Those people I just mentioned are 1/3 of the entire country.

They've already been herded into the Democrats stable with empty promises and scare tactics.

Second he did not win the popular vote. The last President not win the popular and win win the election was 150 years ago.

Really?

Here's a man who had the most hideous racial incident occur in his state in freaking ages. But he refused to sign a hate bill that would have stiffen penalties for lesser hate motivated crimes. Compassion huh? If getting dragged to death until your body parts fall off doesn't get any response from a person, nothing will. Maybe he needed some liquid courage to stand up and do what is right.

What's right, huh?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I like Bush. I'd rather have a beer with Gore, but I like Bush. I'd rather he not become president, but I like him. If he does become president, I'll probably hate his a$$.

I liked Bradley. He seemed to be the true bore though. He seemed to have real integrity too. Darn, I wish we could have seen what kind of president he would have been. Maybe we're better off with a sh!t since that seems to be what's running most of the rest of the world. Nah, maybe next time.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

My question:

Would we all rather have the vice-president candidates be the presidential candidates? I like Cheney, he is brilliant. I like Leiberman. Wouldn't we all get along better if they dumped the presidential candidates for the VPs? Then we could reduce both Bush and Gore to the role of vice president, or more importantly, to the "bucket of warm spit" that more accurately describes the two.

Am I asking for too much?

[edited for spelling]

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Nice link NR9. But first off Colin Ferguson also shot 3 black people on that train and 1 asian. I guess what ever he was drinking that day made him color blind. Second you take all the stats and make them say what ever you want. Racial profiling which I didn't bring up also involves "numbers". But if the only people you arrest are of ethinic background I guess the numbers would paint a very real picture, but a false one. I have a racially mixed family. You put that link up like that is suppose to clear up Bush's actions. As far as I am concerned you take Farrakhan, Bush, Al Sharpton, and David Duke, line em up all up I would not be able to tell the difference. Racism is wrong no matter if the person is Black or White. I just don't want them in the white house.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Classy,

This statement is ignorant:

<< Wow first a guy who runs around in the white house, now a &quot;recovered? alcoholic&quot;, in other words a drunk who's not drinking at this moment, in the white house. >>

It is painfully obvious that you know even less about alcoholism then you do about politics. BTW, do you think hate crime legislation is even relevant to the murder case in Texas? What are we going to do? Fry them twice?

Russ, NCNE

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
&quot;They've already been herded into the Democrats stable with empty promises and scare tactics.&quot;

Jee thanks. NR9 I didn't know all of us ethinic people and women are stupid sheep. Wow I am so glad you are there to point out the error of our ways. Thanks master. I appreciate it.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Russ, the bill would have helped to deal with lesser crimes which are racially motivated. What are you saying that someone has to die first before you charge someone with a racially motivated crime? Then it should just be treated as straight murder? What I guess we should just take people who write N-bombs all over people's houses or paint Swastikas all over, we should just treat it as mere vandalism? Wow impressive............

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000
Russ,

If you could have selected any candidate, who would it be? Would it still have been Bush? If you could have selected Tom Ridge, for example (btw, I was the bartender at his 25th high school reuninion in Erie, Pa.), would you have, or do you honestly believe that Bush is the best candidate to represent the Republican party?

My view: I look at the person, not the party. I have always voted based on the individual. Both major candidates make me want to puke. I believe anyone but Bush would have been a better choice as president... but maybe not candidate. If the presidency was only a horse raise, that is, that it is only about winning, then choosing someone with a marketable last name like &quot;Bush&quot; probably made sense. But since the presidency is about leading a nation, they should have picked someone with real leadership potential, and someone who could get respect from our Allies and adversaries alike.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
classy,

You operate on the assumption that hate crimes legislation is a good idea. It's not, it's a stupid idea. Here's a clue for you: ALL violent crime is based on some kind of &quot;hate&quot;. It is ridiculous for the state to try and divine the intent behind the crime. What is the next step? Hate &quot;speech&quot; legislation? Thought control legislation?

The &quot;intent&quot; is irrelevant. What is relevant is swift, severe and guaranteed punishment for slimeballs without regard for the ethnicity of the victim. Bush's record on that cannot be disputed.

Russ, NCNE