Geographical Location / IP ADDRESS to CITY / STATE / COUNTRY tools available?

Superwormy

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2001
I'm looking for a package or a database ( CSV format, or whatever, doesn't matter ) that can map IP Addresses to a US City and State.

I can find free or cheap ones available that map IP Addresses to countries ( maxmind.com, geoip.com, geobytes.com )... but I was hoping for a free or cheap database that could map IP Addresses to Cities / States in the United States... the only ones I can find are over $200.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this?

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Damn...there's a really good tracert program that does a pretty good job, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8
Damn...there's a really good tracert program that does a pretty good job, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
Neotrace?

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
I didn't think that information was very accurate, I mean with sympatico I have an IP adressed to Toronto or Ottawa, or Kitchener.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: pulse8
Neotrace?

That's a good one. Autowhois as well, so you can instantly pick up the abuse@___ address for that dipshit in the Swedish university who's attempting to FTP to every single god damn port on your firewall one by one ... :|

:p :D

- M4H

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Bootprint
I didn't think that information was very accurate, I mean with sympatico I have an IP adressed to Toronto or Ottawa, or Kitchener.

Unless you're broadcasting WHOIS information about your location from your machine, it'll give the location of the "Last Known Hop" - a Bell router.

- M4H

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
That's a good one. Autowhois as well, so you can instantly pick up the abuse@___ address for that dipshit in the Swedish university who's attempting to FTP to every single god damn port on your firewall one by one ...
They say that we should make friends online, not enemies... :p

Superwormy

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2001
Anything like a shell program or database I can use...

Raw data would be better, I'd like to integrate it into a website, I don't really need a Windows tool so to speak, but data that I can design an interface to...