Gentlemen - tomorrow is my maiden voyage - wish me luck plz!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Are you doing any of this stuff?

698443.jpg

fixed.

Reactions: IronWing

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I did all that same kind of stuff on ski's and never ever wore a helmet either but I wouldn't dream of riding a motorcycle without one. ..

I concur.
Grew up in Tahoe and never wore a helmet while skiing.

Reactions: Captante

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I rode as transportation for nearly 15yrs since you can ride all year in Florida. I always rode Hondas, last couple were Hurricanes/ CBRs. The wreck that ended it, was just trying to get to work. Going 45 or so and a 66-68 Dodge Dart pulls out in front of me. Couldn't have timed it any better if the old hag was trying to take me out. I got just enough time on the brakes to dive the nose as it was smashing into the back quarter panel. That put me up on the pegs and help launched me clear over the trunk. I did a superman, hit on the top of my helmet and hands, and the momentum carried me all the way through back to me feet. I ran out of it.

Only suffered a broken carpal in my right hand which still protrudes when I bend my wrist down. Cowling exploded, forks were twisted, radiator was toast, totaled it. It was less than 100 yards from the road into our neighborhood, and the wife caught the post crash as she was heading out for work too. She flipped her shit. Since then, it has been her or the bikes. Getting pretty close to the time for trading her in on a Ninja me thinks. :imp:

But the helmet, that is the important part of the story. It was messed up and gouged all the way through the shell all over the top. Had that been my head, I'd be at least 5 IQ points smarter I figure.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I rode as transportation for nearly 15yrs since you can ride all year in Florida. I always rode Hondas, last couple were Hurricanes/ CBRs. The wreck that ended it, was just trying to get to work. Going 45 or so and a 66-68 Dodge Dart pulls out in front of me. Couldn't have timed it any better if the old hag was trying to take me out. I got just enough time on the brakes to dive the nose as it was smashing into the back quarter panel. That put me up on the pegs and help launched me clear over the trunk. I did a superman, hit on the top of my helmet and hands, and the momentum carried me all the way through back to me feet. I ran out of it.

Only suffered a broken carpal in my right hand which still protrudes when I bend my wrist down. Cowling exploded, forks were twisted, radiator was toast, totaled it. It was less than 100 yards from the road into our neighborhood, and the wife caught the post crash as she was heading out for work too. She flipped her shit. Since then, it has been her or the bikes. Getting pretty close to the time for trading her in on a Ninja me thinks. :imp:

But the helmet, that is the important part of the story. It was messed up and gouged all the way through the shell all over the top. Had that been my head, I'd be at least 5 IQ points smarter I figure.

Buddy of mines older brother dumped his bike on I-95 at 45-50 mph give or take. He slid on his face, hands & arms... it ground the chin-piece of his (thank goodness) FULL-face helmet 75% of the way off!

He walked away with cuts on his chin and hands but imagine with no helmet or armored riding gloves?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Buddy of mines older brother dumped his bike on I-95 at 45-50 mph give or take. He slid on his face and ground the chin-piece of his (thank goodness) FULL-face helmet 75% of the way off!

He walked away with cuts on his chin and hands but imagine with no helmet or armored riding gloves?
I was smart enough to take the safety course from the infographic on the last page. Always wore a full face, gloves and boots or at the least high top leather bball shoes. No jacket in heat here most the year. Gotta have some skin in the game right? Besides full face helmets look cool as hell. I wore the Terminator Gargoyles since they could handle bug and road debris hits when I had the visor up.

LULZ they still make them https://www.gargoyleseyewear.com/classic-sunglasses Tempted to order them, good field of view.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I was smart enough to take the safety course from the infographic on the last page. Always wore a full face, gloves and boots or at the least high top leather bball shoes. No jacket in heat here most the year. Gotta have some skin in the game right? Besides full face helmets look cool as hell. I wore the Terminator Gargoyles since they could handle bug and road debris hits when I had the visor up.

They're critical if you ride at highway speeds too.... riding through clouds of broken glass or sand/pebbles doesn't do exposed skin or eyeballs any favors!

They also make it 100 times safer (and less painful) riding in the rain.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Saltynuts

Platinum Member
Joined May 1, 2001

Last seen Today at 12:54 AM

Spider ?? ;)

Seriously who think's Salty REALLY DID dump the expensive/fancy bike?

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So ..... I hope things didn't really end badly. o_O

(not that I'd be all that surprised)
I imagine he didn't buy the motorcycle he took a picture of.

The biker and his "old lady" probably met Salty to sell him the bike, but since Salty is a "tall good looking guy", the biker's old lady probably couldn't control her primal urges, which pissed off the biker and he refused to sell it because of jealousy.

Feeling really pissed off, Salty probably stopped for soap making supplies and mulch on his way home. When he arrived home, his neighbor had his car parked in front of Salty's house again. Salty went out to let the air out of the tires, and went he squatted down, his neighbor's wife watched as sweat dripped from his nape, barely able to hold back secret desires of being taken on a hill of mulch bags.

Finally, as Salty laid her quaking body upon the mulch, while simultaneously rubbing a bar of his homemade pube soap slowly across her navel, the woman's husband couldn't contain his extreme jealousy of Salty any longer. He tried to challenge Salty's dominance of the neighborhood by parking his car in front of Salty's house, however this did not work. He now knew what he must do. As he quietly crept across the street towards his cheating wife with a shovel, bucket, pencil, and notebook in hand, his mind could only focus on one thing......Salty's "organic super deluxe plus liquid fertilizer" recipe had to be his.

As he arrived at the mulch pit of love, he calmly looked over Salty and his wife in the middle of betrayal. As he lifted the shovel above his head to strike them down, Salty looked directly at him in confusion, before screaming out "Bro, you just stepped in my epic garden! BTW, what do you recommend for a sunburned face and shaving cuts?".

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
First official shot of Salty heading home with his new bike (and bags of mulch).

Hopefully his neighbor's wife can control herself watching all of that man candy rolling into the neighborhood.

554baf78eab8eaa82f7f298f
That pic of the bike piled high with . . . umm, mulch? What really made that was the stray human foot sticking out from under all of the baggage. Bet y'all missed that one. Hehe.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Captante

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
So is he alive or do I get his stuff (screw that line of succession bullsh**)

The last post I see from him is his white white-boy bike.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The consensus is that he made the whole thing up.

(or he went off the road into a ravine)

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The consensus is that he made the whole thing up.
Maybe Salty decided to snap a random picture of a motorcycle he walked by to pass off as the one he was buying, and it turned out to be owned by biker on a 2-day meth bender who caught him red-handed.

Even tall good looking dudes would likely get a beat down doing something like that. ;)

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
More likely this is @brianmanahan nowheremomming us.

lol i only wish that i could dream up the adventures that salty has

i'm sure he's fine. he'll wait a day or two, watching everyone wring their hands over his potential demise

and then eventually show up and tell us all how great the ride was and how awesome his life is

and he will be right, because salty lives the life that we all wish we could live

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

i'm sure he's fine. he'll wait a day or two, watching everyone wring their hands over his potential demise

and then eventually show up and tell us all how great the ride was and how awesome his life is

and he will be right, because salty lives the life that we all wish we could live

Cryinmanahan, you could write some pomes to regale us about the Salty Saga

Reactions: nakedfrog

Drach

Apr 24, 2022
Ride fast. Take chances.
Break a leg saying for motorcyclists.
Been riding sometimes competitively for 47 years and still drag my knee.

• Love
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000

Are you saying that he is alkemyst?

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER