Gender-neutral school in Sweden; boys and girls are "friends"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I appreciate all the people who are obviously raising well-adjusted children speaking out against this alternative theory.

You should encourage this. It'll give your better children a chance to more easily succeed over all of these "others".

Last edited:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
4 billion years of evolution of male/female can't be cured, nor should it ever be.

Should we also return to a migratory lifestyle and only use sharpened bones as tools? I'm not really for or against this, but arguing that people should behave the way they do because that's the way it's always been done is rather silly.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
So, we argue that homosexuality is something you are born with, but gender differences are not. Got it.

Indeed.

I wonder what kind of problems these kids will have when they "come out of the closet". Little Pat will have to admit that he's not a she, oh the shame of it all.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Man, what's wrong with teaching boys to be boys and girls to be girls.

What's wrong with letting kids play how they naturally please, instead of assuming how they want to based on gender? And what exactly constitutes teaching girls to be girls? I have a baby girl, how should I teach her to act/play?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
^^^^^ Make sure she's a good sammich maker ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Didn't they already try this like twenty years ago? Giving boys dolls to play with and girls toy trucks? IIRC the boys used the dolls as pretend guns, and the girls made little families out of the trucks.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
I have an idea for a school too!

First, burkha-like robes and masks with voice altering electronics for EVERYONE: That way you can't tell gender or race. Different colors will indicate teachers from pupils and differentiate the subjects each teacher specializes in.

Second, all reading material is to be technical manuals, calculus books, college level introductory texts, etc. Just the facts.

Finally, each semester starts off without any toys. Only a machine shop and raw materials. If the kids want toys, they can make them (with supervision, of course).

So when do I get my grant?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Should we also return to a migratory lifestyle and only use sharpened bones as tools? I'm not really for or against this, but arguing that people should behave the way they do because that's the way it's always been done is rather silly.

We migrated because it was necessary for human survival at the time. We used sharpened bones as tools because it was necessary for human survival at the time. We use male/female because it is necessary for human survival today. The other two are less relevant today for survival in most areas of the planet, but male + female is still required, and as far as I know, will always be required.

Try again.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
This is just nothing more than the homosexual agenda to drive young kids to be open to same sex relationships. That's all this is in a nutshell. I want little Johnny to be open to an intimate realtionship with Craig. And while we can't come into your home, we will attack your kids at school. This has been what I have been saying for the last couple years we have debated this. Its not about gay marriage, but this stuff here.

This type stuff is happening right here and I imagine will continue. I posted this link not to long ago.
http://www.baycitizen.org/education/story/parents-clash-over-gay-curriculum/1/

They are going to work to build a pool of selections for themselves. For all the bs about being born this way and they had no choice, if all that is true, why the serious drive to promote this to children. Young children at that. They are pushing their agenda in school and they tried to even push that stuff on the Boy Scouts. This perversion will run out of control and parents kids will be taught to be open to letting anyone and anything touch them. This is all about the 60s sexual revolution, but this time its all about the boys in one bus and all the girls in the other.

If anyone thinks for one second sexual appettites can't be learned or taught, you are a fool.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

He's saying the school is trying to condition away biological differences.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
We migrated because it was necessary for human survival at the time. We used sharpened bones as tools because it was necessary for human survival at the time. We use male/female because it is necessary for human survival today. The other two are less relevant today for survival in most areas of the planet, but male + female is still required, and as far as I know, will always be required.

Try again.

You're fundamentally misunderstanding the issue. This school isn't trying to remove male/female. Those physiological differences are undeniable. It is, however, experimenting with neutering gender roles.

Yes, constant migration was needed at the time - we didn't have the knowledge of how to domesticate animals or plant crops to use as food. Now it's different, so the need for a migratory lifestyle has fallen away.

Yes, we used sharpened bones at the time - we didn't have the knowledge to create wood or metal tools, let alone complicated machines. Now it's different, so the need for sharpened bones have fallen away.

Yes, we use male/female gender roles today. But human procreation isn't going to suddenly stop if those gender roles blur; the species will continue just fine even if females aren't conditioned to be maternal and men to be breadwinners. So perhaps the need for gender roles has fallen away.

He's saying the school is trying to condition away biological differences.

No, it's trying to condition away gender roles. There's a difference.

It's interesting that so many of you link this with homosexuality. I don't see why males can't continue to act like males even if they're not called one.

Last edited:

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
They are going to work to build a pool of selections for themselves. For all the bs about being born this way and they had no choice, if all that is true, why the serious drive to promote this to children. Young children at that. They are pushing their agenda in school and they tried to even push that stuff on the Boy Scouts. This perversion will run out of control and parents kids will be taught to be open to letting anyone and anything touch them. This is all about the 60s sexual revolution, but this time its all about the boys in one bus and all the girls in the other.

If anyone thinks for one second sexual appettites can't be learned or taught, you are a fool.

LOL at the fear mongering. The drive to letting kids know it's okay to be gay is so they won't discriminate for the rest of their lives after being raised by people like you.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
It's interesting that so many of you link this with homosexuality.

Huh?

Director Lotta Rajalin notes that Egalia places a special emphasis on fostering an environment tolerant of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. From a bookcase, she pulls out a story about two male giraffes who are sad to be childless — until they come across an abandoned crocodile egg.

Nearly all the children's books deal with homosexual couples, single parents or adopted children. There are no "Snow White," "Cinderella" or other classic fairy tales seen as cementing stereotypes.

Rajalin, 52, says the staff also try to help the children discover new ideas when they play.

"A concrete example could be when they're playing 'house' and the role of the mom already is taken and they start to squabble," she says. "Then we suggest two moms or three moms and so on."

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

I think that's overboard - a 50/50 balance would be more my speed if I was to run such an experiment. Still, unless reading books about homosexuals turns people into homosexuals, I don't see the issue you folks have with this.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
You're fundamentally misunderstanding the issue. This school isn't trying to remove male/female. Those physiological differences are undeniable. It is, however, experimenting with neutering gender roles.

Yes, constant migration was needed at the time - we didn't have the knowledge of how to domesticate animals or plant crops to use as food. Now it's different, so the need for a migratory lifestyle has fallen away.

Yes, we used sharpened bones at the time - we didn't have the knowledge to create wood or metal tools, let alone complicated machines. Now it's different, so the need for sharpened bones have fallen away.

Yes, we use male/female gender roles today. But human procreation isn't going to suddenly stop if those gender roles blur; the species will continue just fine even if females aren't conditioned to be maternal and men to be breadwinners. So perhaps the need for gender roles has fallen away.

It's interesting that so many of you link this with homosexuality. I don't see why males can't continue to act like males even if they're not called one.

They're trying to make the kids GLBT. The fact that they only have gay family books is an example of that. It's just as bad as the programs that try to make gays straight.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
So, we argue that homosexuality is something you are born with, but gender differences are not. Got it.

Which makes less sense because more modern research has shown there are more than just two genders, so what the fuck are they really trying to teach here? I don't get it. "People are born this way, so we shouldn't do anything about it, but you're born that way so we should do something about it." wtf?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
What if they end up making up a bunch of feminine boys?

That's what they're TRYING to do. To them, masculinity is something that needs to be fixed.

In their view, little girls should act however they want, maybe not too girly, and little boys should act like little girls/gays/transsexuals.

Last edited:

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I don't understand how you can simultaneously complain about arbitrary societal gender norms or whatever, and at the same time use those norms to determine a little kid's sexual orientation.

How can an elementary school kid be "gender fluid"? I think having GLBT kids is just trendy among the granola yuppie types, so they latch on to any hint of non-straightness and "encourage" them to adopt a new gender. The thing I really don't get though is even though toys and clothes are cultural artifacts, they use them to determine a child's gender. Just because a boy likes dresses doesn't mean he's a transsexual.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

When you read through that article, I think I can just rest my case. I have been saying for over 2+ years now, despite being called every name in the book, the homosexual agenda has nothing to do with just marriage, instead the bigger goal is to create a "farm system" to open the minds of kids to homosexuality. The younger, the more impressionable, the better the success rate. Born that way my ass........................

Back when I was in school in the late 80s, the thing was black dudes didn't eat p****. Remember that? And true to form I didn't when I first start having sex. Then a little blond came along and she said oh just try it, just do it for me, lol. I did and to make a long story short, I am expert carpet muncher, lol. I truly eat all the pies on the shelf :). You can teach people sexual appetities. I am sure no one at the age of 10 thought spanking would turn them on.

Sadly we won't be able to stop this bs.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I think you folks should not send your kids to one of these schools. You seem like it would really be the wrong choice for you.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
When you read through that article, I think I can just rest my case. I have been saying for over 2+ years now, despite being called every name in the book, the homosexual agenda has nothing to do with just marriage, instead the bigger goal is to create a "farm system" to open the minds of kids to homosexuality. The younger, the more impressionable, the better the success rate. Born that way my ass........................

Back when I was in school in the late 80s, the thing was black dudes didn't eat p****. Remember that? And true to form I didn't when I first start having sex. Then a little blond came along and she said oh just try it, just do it for me, lol. I did and to make a long story short, I am expert carpet muncher, lol. I truly eat all the pies on the shelf :). You can teach people sexual appetities. I am sure no one at the age of 10 thought spanking would turn them on.

Sadly we won't be able to stop this bs.

Holy crap. Quoting this in case he tries to edit it away later.

Hopefully everyone will stop arguing with him now. He believes in a global homo-conspiracy to recruit kids into a gay caliphate through indoctrination in the schools. There's no denting that level of crazy.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

Come on, yllus, this is P&N! People simply sensationalize any news story they hear. Unless I'm mistaken, Sweden has advanced equal rights between the genders far, far more than the U.S. Their sex education is far superior to ours. And, if I'm not mistaken, Sweden ranks higher than the U.S. for societies to live in.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I think they genuinely believe they are helping GLBT kids come out. But the problem is that at such a young age your sexual orientation isn't manifest. Why do you think little boys and girls hate the opposite sex? Are they all gay? Obviously not.

Of course sex isn't just about nature but also nurture. You're "born this way", but we know that children who are molested end up with sexual problems later in life. I don't see what's so preposterous about the idea that if you isolate kids from heterosexuality that they'll be more likely to be gay.

So is it wrong or not to force a straight child to become gay?

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I have been saying for over 2+ years now, despite being called every name in the book, the homosexual agenda has nothing to do with just marriage, instead the bigger goal is to create a "farm system" to open the minds of kids to homosexuality.

A gay "farm system"? Do they move from Single Gay, to Double Gay, to Triple Gay before hitting the Gay Major League or something?