Genarlow Wilson -- write a book claiming he was a political prisoner?

Oct 30, 2004
I sure hope that this Genarlow Wilson guy takes the moral high ground and the offensive and that he eventually tries to earn some money off of castigating the Georgia criminal justice system and government.

He should deem himself as having been a political prisoner, or a religious prisoner, or a victim of racism in the Georgia criminal justice system since he didn't commit any actual crime or at least nothing that should be illegal. I think it would be great if the prosecutors in the case ended up being portrayed as being Hitlers, Jerry Falwells, or Ahmadinejads.

I guess what I find outrageous is that the real criminals in this case are getting off scott free.

I wish Wilson the best of luck and hope he'll eventually take the moral high ground and seek out revenge by portraying the state of Georgia as a backwards, Iran-like state.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
...and seek out revenge by portraying the state of Georgia as a backwards, Iran-like state.

Let's not get carried away here. :roll:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I sure hope that this Genarlow Wilson guy takes the moral high ground and the offensive and that he eventually tries to earn some money off of castigating the Georgia criminal justice system and government.

He should deem himself as having been a political prisoner, or a religious prisoner, or a victim of racism in the Georgia criminal justice system since he didn't commit any actual crime or at least nothing that should be illegal. I think it would be great if the prosecutors in the case ended up being portrayed as being Hitlers, Jerry Falwells, or Ahmadinejads.

I guess what I find outrageous is that the real criminals in this case are getting off scott free.

I wish Wilson the best of luck and hope he'll eventually take the moral high ground and seek out revenge by portraying the state of Georgia as a backwards, Iran-like state.

A lot of questions with that case but I don't see how he could use racism though since the Attorney General that prosecuted him is black as well.

He was certainly a political prisoner but what were the politicos trying to prove?

Oct 30, 2004

He was a political prisoner in that the reason what was very obviously consensual sex was made illegal by law is the public's religious beliefs.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Pabster
...and seek out revenge by portraying the state of Georgia as a backwards, Iran-like state.

Let's not get carried away here. :roll:

for the first time, i agree with pabster. unlike georgia, there is not a significant backwards-thinking, racist population in iran.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

He was a political prisoner in that the reason what was very obviously consensual sex was made illegal by law is the public's religious beliefs.

I think you're being kinda silly.

We have, for a long time, had criminal statutes against underage sex in an effort to protect children from peds etc.

Looks mostly like a law that needs to be refined.

I don't see how it's racist. The girl in question was black too.

Mostly seems like another case of over zealous prosecutors. Some discretion should have been shown. Of course, they may have been hampered by mandatory sentancing guidelines, IDK.

Fern

Alkaline5

Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Fern

I think you're being kinda silly.

We have, for a long time, had criminal statutes against underage sex in an effort to protect children from peds etc.

Looks mostly like a law that needs to be refined.

I don't see how it's racist. The girl in question was black too.

Mostly seems like another case of over zealous prosecutors. Some discretion should have been shown. Of course, they may have been hampered by mandatory sentancing guidelines, IDK.

Fern

IIRC the law has been changed so that consensual oral sex from a minor over the age of consent is no longer illegal if the age difference is less than two years, and it's now a misdemeanor instead of a felony if it's more than that. If someone is below the age of consent, I assume it's still a felony.

Edit: the law actually changed shortly after Genarlow was convicted, and the DA in his county just continued to be a huge douche about it. He's the real problem behind this story IMO.