Genarlow Wilson - From First Class Athlete to Georgia State Prisoner

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
its all al bunch of crap...and the friggin judge should have thrown it out.

this is what happens when you give retards positions of power...

ever go to a state legislation meeting...? i have been to several...it is appalling and scary....it will make you want to move to another country

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: sixone
Originally posted by: Ilmater
How about if it's with your fifteen year old daughter?
Oh I know, we all have to blame the boys because they're just looking for a hole to stick it in. YES! THEY ARE! THEY'RE BOYS! Their hormones tell them to do that. Girls are told VERY early not to let boys touch them, and she was a willing participant in this. If it was my daughter, I wouldn't do what you would clearly do... blame everyone else there. How about taking responsibility for your own actions? If she said no and they forced her into it, I'm mad. If she agrees to it, then I'm at fault for not raising my daughter right and she's at fault for letting them do it.

What responsibility does she have? SHE didn't break the law.
She may have initiated it, but he could have said no. He didn't, and now he's paying the price. That's HIS responsibility.

Actually she did. It's a misdemeanor.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Chunkee
its all al bunch of crap...and the friggin judge should have thrown it out.

judge would have been reversed if the judge threw it out. judges can't just toss lawsuits.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJ

they should have charged her with sodomy. they couldn't have charged her with child molestation because he was 16 or older.

i like how 'sodomy' is criminal whether giving or receiving, but there is a 'victim.' you could charge both with sodomy the way the code is written. how many crimes are there that you can charge the 'victim' with the crime?

we should petition the local prosecutor to charge the girl with sodomy just to show how stupid this whole thing is.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Originally posted by: cliftonite
The teacher got 90 days for having sex with a student and he deservers 2 years for a bj?

He put his dick in a fifteen year old girl - of course he deserves two years. What the teacher deserves is a different topic altogether.

so if your 17 year old son had sex with his 15 year old gf, you'd say that justifies a prison term?

my daughter is 13 so she isnt that far from being 15. now if i found out she gave a 17 year old a blowjob (at 15) yes i would be really really pissed. however i would not call the cops or get the guy in trouble. now if the guy was older say 25 hell yes i would and in my opinion that is what that law should be used for. not to destoy the life of a minor who is doing another minor.

Edit: i have a very close friend and this happend to her son. great kid but screwed a 16 year old girl when he was 18. Girls mom found out about it called the cops and it was instant prison time. total bullsh*t. nobody was raped, nobody was hurt it was two kids doing what kids that age have done since the begining of history. Now this kid who is 25 now been out of prison for a year now cant find a job because he has to register as a sex offender. complete total bullsh*t and it angers me to no end.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: BigJ

they should have charged her with sodomy. they couldn't have charged her with child molestation because he was 16 or older.

i like how 'sodomy' is criminal whether giving or receiving, but there is a 'victim.' you could charge both with sodomy the way the code is written.

we should petition the local prosecutor to charge the girl with sodomy just to show how stupid this whole thing is.

Yep. That's what I meant by the misdemeanor charge (sodomy). At least I thought it was a misdemeanor.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Ilmater
Oh I know, we all have to blame the boys because they're just looking for a hole to stick it in. YES! THEY ARE! THEY'RE BOYS! Their hormones tell them to do that. Girls are told VERY early not to let boys touch them, and she was a willing participant in this. If it was my daughter, I wouldn't do what you would clearly do... blame everyone else there. How about taking responsibility for your own actions? If she said no and they forced her into it, I'm mad. If she agrees to it, then I'm at fault for not raising my daughter right and she's at fault for letting them do it.

What responsibility does she have? SHE didn't break the law.
She may have initiated it, but he could have said no. He didn't, and now he's paying the price. That's HIS responsibility.

based on age or sex???

somehow if the ages were reversed, I dont think you would be arguing the same point.

This is a child pedophilia/predator law clearly he is neither...besides... once they realised how dumb this law was (based on this case) the law was repealed...

So now you advocate continuing to punish somone for something that is clearly no longer a crime

Nov 5, 2001
The teacher got 90 days for having sex with a student and he deservers 2 years for a bj?

He put his dick in a fifteen year old girl - of course he deserves two years. What the teacher deserves is a different topic altogether.

so if your 17 year old son had sex with his 15 year old gf, you'd say that justifies a prison term?

I wouldn't be thrilled as a parent that my 15yo was having sex, but teenagers have sex. And they have sex with each other. He wasn't even an adult.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: DonVito
Originally posted by: chuckywang
I'm glad ESPN has shed light on this story. Hopefully the publicity will set him free.

I doubt it. This case has garnered nationwide publicity for years. I recall seeing a segment about it on Real Sports more than a year ago. I do think it's an abuse of process by the prosecutors, but hey, what do I know?

That's Georgia for you. I hate this place.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: sao123

based on age or sex???

somehow if the ages were reversed, I dont think you would be arguing the same point.

This is a child pedophilia/predator law clearly he is neither...besides... once they realised how dumb this law was (based on this case) the law was repealed...

So now you advocate continuing to punish somone for something that is clearly no longer a crime

The only thing I advocated was that he take responsibility for his actions. He broke the law, and he's reaping the consequences. He had unlimited opportunities to make his choices, and now he has to live with them.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
This is ridiculous. Sure, he broke the law. Obviously the politicians thought the law was stupid so they changed it.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005

based on age or sex???

The only thing I advocated was that he take responsibility for his actions. He broke the law, and he's reaping the consequences. He had unlimited opportunities to make his choices, and now he has to live with them.

I believe he has taken more than enough responsibility from his actions. Everyone involved in the situation believes there shouldn't be any consequences from this "action". Probably the only thing different he should have done was the plea agreement.

Quote from the article on espn.com
It's frustrating work. No one involved believes Wilson should be in jail for 10 years.

The prosecutors don't.

The Supreme Court doesn't.

The legislature doesn't.

The 15-year-old "victim" doesn't.

The forewoman of the jury doesn't.

Privately, even prison officials don't.

Yet no one will do anything to free him, passing responsibility around like a hot potato. The prosecutors say they were just doing their job. The Supreme Court says it couldn't free him because the state legislature decreed the new law didn't apply to old cases, even though this case was the entire reason the new law was passed.

Jan 31, 2002

based on age or sex???

Okay, now you've just got to be trolling.

- M4H

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: kinev
Originally posted by: trmiv
I was pretty shocked when I read that article. One of the most ridiculous thing about it is, they rewrote the law after he was convicted, but wrote it so it doesn't apply retroactively. But his case was the case that prompted the law to be rewritten in the first place. Also, down in the article it mentions that during his trial a local teacher was found guilty of sleeping with a student. She got 90 days.

Bolded for the reason....

double standard FTL.

Hey, that's not true!

The ugly ones get harsher sentences:laugh:

That's the way it should be.:laugh:

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002

based on age or sex???

I think the point of this thread is not to say he shouldnt have been punished, but he should have gotten a mere 12 month misdimeanor sentence, not 10 years without parole + permanent sex offender registration.

Baltazar325

Jun 17, 2004
Bleh. The whole thing is BS. The more I practice as a defense attorney, the more I dislike ADAs. Some of them are good but the ones that think they are crusaders for justice dont care about true justice.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002

based on age or sex???

List of AT people who get no sympathy for **stupid** offences such as crossing the road outside of the crosswalk, removing the tag from a mattress/furniture/toilet, using an aerosol can in a manner other than as directed, posession/sales/ingestion of vegemite paste

1)Sixone

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001

based on age or sex???

So why isnt she facing any time for the sodomy charges as elfenix pointed out? This is now a one way street?

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
So why isnt she facing any time for the sodomy charges as elfenix pointed out? This is now a one way street?

How would I know? ESPN doesn't seem to be too interested in that. :confused:

Nov 5, 2001

based on age or sex???

have you ever done any of these? I know I have. I guess we can share a cell!

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004

Well, if urinating on the side of a building is equivalent in your mind with ****** a fifteen year old girl, then I'm not sharing anything with you.

Nov 5, 2001

Well, if urinating on the side of a building is equivalent in your mind with ****** a fifteen year old girl, then I'm not sharing anything with you.

a law is a law. you said he broke the law, I was just asking if you've ever broken the law...