Genarlow Wilson - From First Class Athlete to Georgia State Prisoner

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Originally posted by: sixone
have you ever done any of these? I know I have. I guess we can share a cell!

Well, if urinating on the side of a building is equivalent in your mind with ****** a fifteen year old girl, then I'm not sharing anything with you.

a law is a law. you said he broke the law, I was just asking if you've ever broken the law...

Oh, yes - the ATOT style of debate. If you can't make an argument, attack someone. :confused:

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Although I don't agree with the rulings in this case, let this be a strong lesson to all you young guys out there.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS know the true age of who you mess with. She participates willingly?, so sorry you go to JAIL. She lies about her age and tells you shes 18, so sorry you go to JAIL. She looks 28 cusses like a sailor and smokes like a train? too bad, once again you go to JAIL.

So 99% of instances like this go unpunished or even unnoticed, all it takes is ONCE with the wrong girl and your life if ruined forever. Is it right? NO Is it just? NO but them are the rules. Learn um and live um. Think long and hard with the big head before you send the little head into action

Nov 5, 2001
have you ever done any of these? I know I have. I guess we can share a cell!

Well, if urinating on the side of a building is equivalent in your mind with ****** a fifteen year old girl, then I'm not sharing anything with you.

a law is a law. you said he broke the law, I was just asking if you've ever broken the law...

Oh, yes - the ATOT style of debate. If you can't make an argument, attack someone. :confused:

typcial response to the ATOT style of self-righteousness....

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
ALWAYS, ALWAYS know the true age of who you mess with. She participates willingly?, so sorry you go to JAIL. She lies about her age and tells you shes 18, so sorry you go to JAIL. She looks 28 cusses like a sailor and smokes like a train? too bad, once again you go to JAIL.

If I were 17 in the same situation as this guy it never would have occurred to me that it was against the law to hook up with a 15 year old.

*** The preceeding was a complete hypothetical situation. I can neither confirm, nor deny, that any such action involving myself ever took place.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy

If I were 17 in the same situation as this guy it never would have occurred to me that it was against the law to hook up with a 15 year old.

*** The preceeding was a complete hypothetical situation. I can neither confirm, nor deny, that any such action involving myself ever took place.

LOL @ the disclaimer

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
there's worse...

i was watching a story on this guy one time... black kid who was a track/football star in his high school. he was a model citizen and a straight a student. he met a white girl who he liked and she liked him... they ended up having sex or oral sex or something in the back of a portable (a classroom outside of the school because the school's not big enough). the girl's dad found out she did stuff with a black guy and went nuts. he made her claim it was rape and the poor guy is serving 15 years in jail. i think he was 17 and she was 15, too.

this also happened in georgia, i think... either that or south carolina. one of those piece of shyt whitey states.

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
I can't believe some of the responses here. So, when you guys were 17 in HS and a 15 year old said "hey, want a BJ?", you guys would have said no?

Wait...this is ATOT. I'm sure you guys would have turned that down since your guild was scheduled to raid Naxx. :roll:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
That's why when people say about stupid laws, "hey they'll never enforce it," I wouldn't be so sure. There is a future scumbag prosecutor born every day. So if you are on a jury, it's your job to acquit if you think the law is BS to begin with. Don't vote to convict and then expect the sentencing judge to clean up the mess, nip it in the bud.

iliopsoas

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Go to this LINK and sign the petition.

It's BS that this kid got sentenced to 10 years in prison for a BJ from a girl in his age group. Laws like this were designed to protect kids against pedophiles, not to cause this injustice.