Geithner/White House 'open' to China "global currency" proposal

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Our irresponsibility has created a great demand for an alternative currency. We've been a bully with the dollar in previous decades, and have made it less attractive now.

If I were a foreign government, I would not be too crazy about the inflation risk of the dollar in coming years, with all the debt.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Geithner, at the Council on Foreign Relations, said the U.S. is "open" to a headline-grabbing proposal by the governor of the China's central bank, which was widely reported as being a call for a new global currency to replace the dollar, but which Geithner described as more modest and "evolutionary."

Oh the CFR nothing to see here....no NWO agenda move along.

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Craig234
Our irresponsibility has created a great demand for an alternative currency. We've been a bully with the dollar in previous decades, and have made it less attractive now.

If I were a foreign government, I would not be too crazy about the inflation risk of the dollar in coming years, with all the debt.

Our irresponsibility?

I pay all my bills...most of you do here too. Most of you are not in debt that is toxic....you are good with your money.

So because less than 7% of people are bad with money/debt/mortages.....the rest of us fall in this "irresponsible" statue?

Think about what you are saying here....

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: StarsFan4Life

Our irresponsibility?

I pay all my bills...most of you do here too. Most of you are not in debt that is toxic....you are good with your money.

So because less than 7% of people are bad with money/debt/mortages.....the rest of us fall in this "irresponsible" statue?

I assumed he meant "us" as a nation, our government, the federal reserve.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
The corporate america/government irresponsibility has created a great demand for an alternative currency. We've been a bully with the dollar in previous decades, and have made it less attractive now.

Fixed.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
Geithner, at the Council on Foreign Relations, said the U.S. is "open" to a headline-grabbing proposal by the governor of the China's central bank, which was widely reported as being a call for a new global currency to replace the dollar, but which Geithner described as more modest and "evolutionary."

Oh the CFR nothing to see here....no NWO agenda move along.

I won't put on my tinfoil hat until I start seeing black helicopters daily. as it is now it's just a thrice a week occurrence, so no worries.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: bamacre

Our irresponsibility?

I assumed he meant "us" as a nation, our government, the federal reserve.

Bamacre is right. We as voters who have selected the leaders who have done this. We as a nation, I'm not talking about personal financial behavior but personal political behavior.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
The corporate america/government irresponsibility has created a great demand for an alternative currency. We've been a bully with the dollar in previous decades, and have made it less attractive now.

Fixed.

Perhaps, but don't forget who has voted for the guy they want to have a beer with, who has failed to demand election reform, who has allowed deregulation and corporatocracy.

While there all kinds of explanations and excuses why the voters are not able to do well at voting on complex things, they can't be completely let off for the responsibility too.

But I agree the corporatocracy and its government enablers are front and center in the direct roles for this situation. It's what we've told them to do, though - how many times have we liberals posted about the 'sociopathic' charter of corporations to make profits in ways that have zero concern for the larger well being of society and the dangerous corruption of the political system by those powerful interests, and gotten yawns back from so many voters? This is basically what can be expected from the broken system.

And it's only broken for most people - for some who profited, it's working *just fine*. In nearly any crisis, there are winners and losers. E.g., arms merchants and war...

This crisis is going to result in some redistribution of wealth. On the surface at the moment, most wealthy people - not all - have taken a big hit, but the housng bubble has extracted massive wealth from the middle class, leaving the top with a larger share of the nation's wealth as far as that issue. And the massive government payouts adding to the public debt does so even more. There's a reason many commentators are referring to the plotting by some interests to take advantage of this crisis.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Obama is creating a great demand for an alternative currency. We've been a bully with the dollar in previous decades, and have made it less attractive now.

Fixed

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Obama is creating a great demand for an alternative currency. We've been a bully with the dollar in previous decades, and have made it less attractive now.

Fixed

+1!

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008

Fixed.

Perhaps, but don't forget who has voted for the guy they want to have a beer with, who has failed to demand election reform, who has allowed deregulation and corporatocracy.

While there all kinds of explanations and excuses why the voters are not able to do well at voting on complex things, they can't be completely let off for the responsibility too.

But I agree the corporatocracy and its government enablers are front and center in the direct roles for this situation. It's what we've told them to do, though - how many times have we liberals posted about the 'sociopathic' charter of corporations to make profits in ways that have zero concern for the larger well being of society and the dangerous corruption of the political system by those powerful interests, and gotten yawns back from so many voters? This is basically what can be expected from the broken system.

And it's only broken for most people - for some who profited, it's working *just fine*. In nearly any crisis, there are winners and losers. E.g., arms merchants and war...

This crisis is going to result in some redistribution of wealth. On the surface at the moment, most wealthy people - not all - have taken a big hit, but the housng bubble has extracted massive wealth from the middle class, leaving the top with a larger share of the nation's wealth as far as that issue. And the massive government payouts adding to the public debt does so even more. There's a reason many commentators are referring to the plotting by some interests to take advantage of this crisis.

Blame this on ignorance of voters. Coming off of a poor 8 years (I voted and supported Bush)....people were ready for change. Obama waived the "hey...I'm change....look at me" flag and people flocked to him like cattle on grain day. Now those "voters" are starting to realized they royaly fucked up.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Fixed

+1!

huh?

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

Yeah I know. Just wondering how Obama is at fault.

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

Open your eyes and ears yourself....stop being lazy and asking others to explain why this administration sucks.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

By spending and printing money like there is no tomorrow.

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

PC Surgeon needed to figure this one out on his own.....still couldn't even do that.

Do people in this country really believe in this guy....the same guy who now has one of the most prestigious jobs in the world....yet has NEVER held a real job in his life?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

Open your eyes and ears yourself....stop being lazy and asking others to explain why this administration sucks.

Guess what, I know it sucks. Nothing new to me, I knew that 6 months ago. What I want is a reason to why you think "Obama is creating a great demand for an alternative currency".

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

Guess what, I know it sucks. Nothing new to me, I knew that 6 months ago. What I want is a reason to why you think "Obama is creating a great demand for an alternative currency".

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

Fixed

+1!

huh?

+1 = plus one

If you're running a $1.7 trillion deficit and it's clear that it is unsustainable, the demand for your currency will drop. It ain't rocket science.