Geforce experience

Tattoedsailor

Mar 22, 2013
Are any you guys using GeForce experience? I've all ways used in game settings. What's the advantage?

On a side note I just got a second gtx 770. First sli setup. Works great with my Benq 144!

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
I have it installed but don't use much. I wanted to try out the shadowplay stuff and i use it to set lighting affects on my reference 780's. Most of what is recommended is pretty accurate to what i would use though. Its miles better than the garbage that is AMD gaming evolved by raptr

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I uninstalled it yesterday since I won't use it.
But theres some nice fonctionnality to it but not enough to keep it for me.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
As mentioned it's not much use unless you want Shadowplay or control over the LEDs on your cards. Much better to set game settings yourself as the software tunes your games down way too much.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I have it installed because I use ShadowPlay. But I don't use the game settings, they don't perform well enough in my opinion.

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
I had it installed because ShadowPlay recording is pretty good. I uninstalled it however, because I never did anything with the videos and I was running out of disk space. :\

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
What's the advantage?

The only advantage I think other than Shadow Play is for users of less powerful cards who have a hard time averaging above 30fps in games an opportunity to maximize their graphics while still being playable. High end users pay money to not have to worry about that.

kasakka

Mar 16, 2013
Not using it. Tried it but it seems that it cannot "optimize" settings for games that have not been installed regularly.

For example I have lots of older games that have been on the hard drive since the last time I reinstalled Win7 and thus they haven't been installed the "official" way but continue to work just fine by starting from the .exe. Not worth all the bother of swapping discs etc to get them properly reinstalled.

GeForce Experience finds the games just fine but simply says that they cannot be optimized without any further explanation.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Not using it. Tried it but it seems that it cannot "optimize" settings for games that have not been installed regularly.

For example I have lots of older games that have been on the hard drive since the last time I reinstalled Win7 and thus they haven't been installed the "official" way but continue to work just fine by starting from the .exe. Not worth all the bother of swapping discs etc to get them properly reinstalled.

GeForce Experience finds the games just fine but simply says that they cannot be optimized without any further explanation.

It probably uses Registry entries to locate them properly.

I tend to find that I can get much higher details with good framerates than the optimisations allow for anyway.

kasakka

Mar 16, 2013
It probably uses Registry entries to locate them properly.

I tend to find that I can get much higher details with good framerates than the optimisations allow for anyway.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. But it's a bit silly that it cannot optimize them considering the games themselves work fine without registry and generally use config files for settings.

I've also noticed that the settings err on the lower side, possibly their framerate goal is higher than mine.