"Geforce Experience"... Anyone use this?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Rakewell, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Rakewell

Rakewell Platinum Member

Just saw this:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience

I usually just set game settings manually. Anyone using this app? Are there any benefits?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Geforce Experience Forum Date
    Audio issues when Streaming with Geforce Experience to Facebook PC Gaming Jan 28, 2017
    FYI Nvidia owners: Shadowplay feature is enabled in the Geforce Experience PC Gaming Oct 28, 2013
    GTA IV on GeForce 9500 GT ? PC Gaming May 30, 2013
    GeForce Experience? PC Gaming May 23, 2013
    Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 GC PC Gaming Aug 8, 2012

3. Zeze

Zeze Diamond Member

I highly doubt it.

Not everyone has the same standard for the best performance to graphics ratio. And anyone even remotely better than a casual gamer will tweak settings in all aspects to make it better.

4. KaOTiK

KaOTiK Lifer

Nope, just doesn't sound appealing to me. Some features on games will take a big FPS hit when bumped up while others wont and it isn't the same for each game a lot of times. Also sometimes turning down a feature from high to medium for some games shows minimal difference in visual quality but can increase performance quite a bit.

5. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Diamond Member

I tried it when it was in alpha to see what it did. The few games I tested with their settings (I was using lower settings than them that I had tweaked when playing the game) sometimes resulted in fps below 30. Planet side 2 needs to be tweaked for that 100v100 battle, because when your in it you need more than a slide show to stay alive.

So overall I wasn't impressed, it was choosing settings that resulted in a bad experience. They had done a worse job of optimising than I had and I try to turn as little down as possible and focus on the stuff that usually causes problems, I don't fully get into which setting is bad in a game I might just drop a whole preset and tweak from there lighting or AA.

6. DeadFred

DeadFred Platinum Member

Just updated my drivers today and saw this geforce experience option. I didnt try it since I have all my games set up they way I like and figured it would just ruin them for me. LOL