GeForce 4 Ti4200, Which one to get, from Gainward or Leadtek?

stingbandel

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2000
Hi,

I want to get GeForce 4 Ti4200. I am leaning toward either Gainward or Leadtek.

Can someone give me recommendation as which one to get?

In term maybe picture quality, games, and etc.

thanks

Darno

mdcrab

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2001
I have used three CardExpert/Gainward cards now and have never had any problems with them. All three are great cards.
I have no experience with Leadtek.

mdcrab

aznet

Jul 18, 2002
I've just upgraded from Gainward Geforce2mx400 32mb VIVO to Leadtek ti4200 128mb VIVO. I had never had a problem with my old Gainward card only reason I went for Leadtek was cos I got it as decent price compared the equivalent Gainward one. Over clocking potential is excellent for the Leadtek card but then again Gainward are renowned for their over clocking too ? although I?ve never done this myself on either card. If I had a choice between the two cards and the prices were the same I think I would have chosen the Gainward one again. But having got the Leadtek one I?ve not been disappointed by it ? it?s very well built card with excellent cooling.

stingbandel

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2000
yes, I think that I like about Leadtek is the heatsink

it's big...

what about picture quality, do you see any difference?

Thanks

Darno

aznet

Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by: stingbandel

what about picture quality, do you see any difference?

I?m not an expert on this sort of thing (actually not an expert on anything :D ) but when I first plugged in the Leadtek card I thought the image looked slightly more fuzzier and out focus than my older Gainward card. I don?t know if this was the cause of the differing chipsets or something else ? after all I am comparing different generation of graphics cards. I am using a pretty old Hansol monitor only 17? @ 1280x1024 @ 75hz. Not to say that the image is not good on the Leadtek but that?s the initial impression I got. DVD playback seems the same. Games just look fantastic as I can run them @ 1024x768 in 32bit colour and have them still running very smoothly (with max detail ? bliss!)

Are they any standards of measuring image quality? If you can gimme me some pointers on what to look out for maybe I can provide bit more feedback. But I think all these new ti4200 cards with perform and look about the same ? and any difference are negligible in real world apps and games.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
With there being so many flavors of the TI4200 for Gainward and Leadtek, please specify exactly which models you want to choose from.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I owned a Leadtek Geforce2 Ultra last year, and just installed a Gainward Ti4600 on a friend's computer, and I didn't really notice any difference in visual quality.

I would go for whichever is cheapest, your chances for overclocking are probably very similiar with either card.

stingbandel

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2000
ok, i guess they are about the same.

anyway, I am getting the gainward 128 mb Ge Force 4 Ti 4200 Golden sample.

the one that has DVI, VIVO

Darno