GeForce 313.95 Driver beta available

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
This is the recommended GeForce driver for the Crysis 3 Multiplayer Open Beta. It delivers a smoother gaming experience, and boosts SLI performance by up to 65%.

EA’s recommended GeForce GPU for Crysis 3 is a GeForce GTX 560 or higher. For the Hi-Performance PC Specification, EA recommends GeForce GTX 680. See the full Crysis 3 system requirements on GeForce.com.

GeForce R313 drivers also provide significant performance increases in other top games like Assassin’s Creed III, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and Far Cry 3.

New in GeForce R313 Drivers

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 310.90 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 690:
Up to 65% in Crysis 3
Up to 24% in Assassin’s Creed III
Up to 15% in Civilization V
Up to 14% in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Up to 12% in Dirt 3
Up to 11% in Just Cause 2
Up to 9% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Up to 8% in Far Cry 2
Up to 7% in Far Cry 3
Up to 7% in Batman: Arkham City
Up to 7% in Dragon Age II
Up to 5% in Battlefield 3
Up to 4% in Shogun: Total War
Up to 4% in Stalker: Call of Pripyat
GeForce GTX 670:
Up to 28% in Assassin’s Creed III
Up to 11% in Civilization V
Up to 8% in Far Cry 3
Up to 6% in Just Cause 2
Up to 5% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Up to 5% in Dirt 3
Up to 5% in Batman: Arkham City
Up to 5% in Far Cry 2
Up to 4% in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Up to 3% in Shogun: Total War
Up to 3% in Stalker: Call of Pripyat

NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
Crysis 3 – updated SLI profile
Warframe– updated SLI profile
DmC: Devil May Cry– added SLI profile

NVIDIA CUDA
Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
Additional Details

Installs PhysX System Software 9.12.1031.
Installs HD Audio v1.3.23.1
Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/56530

Anyone have crysis 3 beta to test these on?

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
28% in AC3? I can already max out that game at 1200p... where's updates for TW2 when you need it?

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Looks like another decent performance driver, but the games nvidia is noticeably slower on right now, sleeping dogs and hitman absolution, are absent from the list. Anyways, looks good overall but after how terrible crysis 2 was vs. Crysis 1 and warhead, I'm not paying more than $7.50 for crysis 2 (and it will probably be Origin exclusive, at least at first - which I am also not fond of).

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Looks like another decent performance driver, but the games nvidia is noticeably slower on right now, sleeping dogs and hitman absolution, are absent from the list. Anyways, looks good overall but after how terrible crysis 2 was vs. Crysis 1 and warhead, I'm not paying more than $7.50 for crysis 2 (and it will probably be Origin exclusive, at least at first - which I am also not fond of).

Yeah definitely a wait and see with crysis 3 here as well. Crysis 2 was an okay game, but it wasn't a good game by crysis standards (as set by 1 and warhead).

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
Can anyone with Fermi or Kepler SLI try that new "VSync smooth" option?
As far as I understand, this option only works with SLI.

It completely eliminates input lag that you would normally have due to vsync. Unfortunately with Fermi SLI there seem to be some hiccups: The fps are cut in half occasionally, taking a while to recover. With Kepler this doesn't seem to happen.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Can anyone with Fermi or Kepler SLI try that new "VSync smooth" option?
As far as I understand, this option only works with SLI.

It completely eliminates input lag that you would normally have due to vsync. Unfortunately with Fermi SLI there seem to be some hiccups: The fps are cut in half occasionally, taking a while to recover. With Kepler this doesn't seem to happen.

Where is this option at? I don't see it in global settings.

edit: is this a crysis 3 thing?

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
Naturally under vsync ;)
It's a general option. Worked in every game I've tested so far aside from the fps drops. If they get this working like it should, it would make vsync a real option for everyone using SLI.

5fEmFbE.png

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Whoa. I'll give this a shot.

edit: yeah, I just tried it in Batman: AC and Metro 2033. 680 sli. It occasionally drops to 30 fps smoothed for some reason without reason, I mean I can be at 60 fps and then suddenly it goes to 30 fps smoothed. Back to adaptive for me. It seems to be completely unrelated to framerate or performance as far as I can tell, it randomly "locks" to 30 fps now and then.

Maybe its a feature in development for the WHQL? Since it's not in the patch notes yet, I guess it'll be a wait and see feature.

Last edited:

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Whoa. I'll give this a shot.

edit: yeah, I just tried it in Batman: AC and Metro 2033. 680 sli. It occasionally drops to 30 fps smoothed for some reason without reason, I mean I can be at 60 fps and then suddenly it goes to 30 fps smoothed. Back to adaptive for me. It seems to be completely unrelated to framerate or performance as far as I can tell, it randomly "locks" to 30 fps now and then.

Maybe its a feature in development for the WHQL? Since it's not in the patch notes yet, I guess it'll be a wait and see feature.

It is still Vsync on... It's not adaptive... Dropping to 30 FPS now and then is what it does by nature.

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
It is still Vsync on... It's not adaptive... Dropping to 30 FPS now and then is what it does by nature.

Not with SLI. I don't know why, but that's how it is and has been. I've been using SLI for 2 years now and have never ever fiddled with D3DOverrider or similar tools. No triple buffering needed.
That's the beauty of SLI. If this works, no drops, no input lag AND no tearing.

Yeah, let's give it time, maybe they'll work it out until the next WHQL or the one after that.

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I don't seem to get tearing in any game and I don't use Vsync. I remember it happening in the old days with my CRT but I haven't noticed it in a long time. Anyway, I will try these out and regarding Crysis 3, it is a serious "wait and see" for me as well. I won't buy it if it has a Crysis 2 feel to it at all. That was such a console port its just not even funny.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Hey all, got some benchmarks I just ran on a few games I'm very familiar with. I included BF3 because Nvidia didn't mention any improvements for a single GTX670.

geforcedriverbenches.jpg

Overall, I'm very impressed. Nvidia promised 5% in Deus Ex and 8% in Far Cry 3. It almost delivered on that. BF3 lost performance, although the previous driver had picked up over 6% based on my testing, so it only gave some of that back, hopefully for stability purposes.

I don't recall any other generation of graphics cards that have received such significant improvements from release drivers over the course of a year. Cheers to both AMD and Nvidia for trying to make the most out of this generation of hardware...or jeers for releasing hardware before the drivers were fully baked! ;)

Last edited:

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
D/L now, thanks guy. already have the new drivers installed. I rebooted before installing and after. In a perfect world we would not have to do that.

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
The servers are up and running. Looks pretty great to me. SLI is not working with my rig. Curious if working with other series.

edit: SLI now working with tip below, thanks
Crysis3MPOpenBeta_2013_01_29_04_24_49_224_zps36b16f01.png

Last edited:

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012
I don't seem to get tearing in any game and I don't use Vsync. I remember it happening in the old days with my CRT but I haven't noticed it in a long time. Anyway, I will try these out and regarding Crysis 3, it is a serious "wait and see" for me as well. I won't buy it if it has a Crysis 2 feel to it at all. That was such a console port its just not even funny.

Honestly you must either not know what it is or just completely ignore it.

Screen tearing is obvious when a camera pans and half a frame is rendered on the top half and the next is rendered on the bottom half and the edge of a building does not line up properly. This draws your eyes to the issue and you cant miss it.

boxleitnerb

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2011
The servers are up and running. Looks pretty great to me. SLI is not working with my rig. Curious if working with other series.

Link to the exe is missing in the profile. Needs to be added manually until a fix is out.
PKFCXZr.jpg

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
ManuelG at the nvidia forum mentioned something about a multi language installer issue that caused problems in the previous beta. Anyway, should be all good now with the new revision.

f1sherman

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2011
From NVIDIA Forum
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...3-95-are-fantastic-for-sli-and-multi-screens/
Gregster said:
Just thought I am quick to moan but also quick to give praise where it is deserved. Installed these new 313.95 and no more stutter or frame latency issues like I was getting with 310.xx drivers.

I say these are a must for SLI 6 series users. Here is some frame latency tests I have done with the new and old drivers.

313.95 drivers in BF3

frapsbf3313time.jpg

310.90 drivers in BF3

frapsbf3time.jpg

And the best news of all :)

Far Cry 3 313.95 drivers

farcry3313.jpg

Far Cry 3 310.90 drivers

frapstime.jpg

No more stutter in Far Cry 3 with SLI and triple screens for me :D About time. Well done Nvidia.