Geforce 306.02 Beta drivers (supporting all 600 cards) ((Finally))

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-306-02-beta-drivers-released/

The new NVIDIA GeForce 306.02 beta drivers are now available to download. Recommended for players of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Darksiders 2, Guild Wars 2, and MechWarrior Online, the GeForce 306.02 beta drivers add realistic ambient occlusion shadowing to each of the listed games, in addition to adding NVIDIA Control Panel MSAA and CSAA anti-aliasing support to Darksiders 2.

SLI users will find a range of performance enhancing profiles for titles such as Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Darksiders 2, Orcs Must Die! 2, Planetside 2, Shogun 2: Total War, Sleeping Dogs, and The Secret World. SLI users will also be interested to know that profiles for Borderlands 2 and F1 2012 have been implemented ahead of their respective release dates. On the 3D Vision front we have new and updated profiles for A New Dawn, the yet-to-be-released, highly-anticipated Dishonored, End of Nations, The Secret World, and many more.

For the complete release notes, scroll down.

NVIDIA Control Panel Game Enhancements
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support and Multisample Anti-Aliasing support to Darksiders 2.
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support to Guild Wars 2.
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support to MechWarrior Online.

We recommend enabling 2x MSAA Anti-Aliasing, at minimum, then applying 16x High Quality Texture Filtering, before finally trying Ambient Occlusion, which may prove too demanding for your system.

New & Updated SLI Profiles
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Borderlands 2
Darksiders 2
F1 2012
Orcs Must Die! 2
PlanetSide 2 (Updated)
Shogun 2: Total War (Updated)
Sleeping Dogs (Please note that we are currently evaluating SLI bit 0x0C4010F5, which may result in higher performance for users)
The Secret World (Updated)
New & Updated 3D Vision Profiles
A New Dawn – Rated Fair
Alan Wake's American Nightmare – Rated Not Recommended
All Zombies Must Die! Scorepocalypse – Rated Good
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead – Rated Fair
Bang Bang Racing – Rated Excellent
Brave – Rated 3D Vision Ready
Devil May Cry 4 - Rated Fair
Dishonored – Rated Good
End of Nations – Rated Good
London 2012 The Official Video Game – Rated Fair
Mad Doc Jr.'s Doom Rails – Rated Excellent
Raiderz – Rated Fair
Roller Coaster Rampage – Rated 3D Vision Ready
SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator – Rated Fair
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends – Rated Good
The Secret World – Rated Good
NVIDIA Surround
Surround settings now persist after new driver install.
Fixed Single-GPU Issues
Windows Vista & Windows 7

3D Surround, 4-way SLI: The NVIDIA Control Panel -> Configure Displays for Surround user-assistance screen does not show the correct GPUs to connect the displays on a 4-way SLI system.
GeForce 400 series: After installing the VGA driver and then choosing the ‘restart later’ option, the display goes blank when subsequently installing the NVIDIA driver.
GeForce GT 650M: "No compatible hardware found" error occurs when installing the driver.
GeForce GTS 400 series: Rendering is not visible with some DirectX 9 applications when Shader model 3.0 is used.
GeForce GTX 200 series: Mount & Blade Warband - Stuttering occurs during game-play.
GeForce GTX 500 series, 3D Vision: Crysis 2 & DiRT Showdown - Residual images appear throughout the game if 3D Vision is enabled.
GeForce GTX 600 series: Titan Quest - Gameplay is jerky and stutters with V-Sync enabled.
Windows 8

GeForce GTX 500 series, 3D Vision: Crysis 2 & Dirt Showdown - Residual images appear throughout the game if 3D Vision is enabled.
Optimus Notebook: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to dxgkrnl.sys when attempting to uninstall the driver using the Windows Device manager.
SLI, Surround: Intel x59 or x79 - With Surround enabled, a blue-screen crash (0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) may occur when enabling or disabling SLI or Surround modes. When re-installing the NVIDIA driver after uninstalling it, the driver may fail to install.

Download:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Unfortunately, none of the games i've tested so far have a performance improvement. Its mostly features and SLI profile updates - although I haven't played The Secret World yet with the update. I think you're expecting miracles, that just isn't gonna happen because most games are heavily optimized already.

I can, however, finally play Assassin's creed revelations without crashing when alt tabbing now - and CS:GO no longer crashes (in 30 minutes of play.). So thumbs up there.

lol, did you really call nvidia though? How'd they react:p

Last edited:

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
Unfortunately, none of the games i've tested so far have a performance improvement. Its mostly features and SLI profile updates - although I haven't played The Secret World yet with the update. I think you're expecting miracles, that just isn't gonna happen because most games are heavily optimized already.

I can, however, finally play Assassin's creed revelations without crashing when alt tabbing now - and CS:GO no longer crashes (in 30 minutes of play.). So thumbs up there.

lol, did you really call nvidia though? How'd they react:p

I called Nvidia afew days ago.. in Protest due to the cheaper 7970 out performing it or matching it's performance.. And demanded a new driver... with performance gains... They told me one with performance gains would be released soon... Maybe this is not it? bah who knows..

But i have to hand it to Nvidia they took there time to call me and let me know this driver was out..

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I called Nvidia afew days ago.. in Protest due to the cheaper 7970 out performing it or matching it's performance.. And demanded a new driver... with performance gains... They told me one with performance gains would be released soon... Maybe this is not it? bah who knows..

But i have to hand it to Nvidia they took there time to call me and let me know this driver was out..

Yeah thats really cool of them! Most corporations would probably shrug you off.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Does darksiders really need an sli profile? A single 670 was getting me over 200fps. I guess maybe if you forced crazy AA levels. Although it sucks that I finished that and sleeping dogs before they had anything working for them. I would have liked something better than fxaa for darksiders.

WTF, nothing for GW2 ? o_O

Ambient occlusion was added to the profile. You probably mean sli performance though.

Last edited:

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com

Did you really call them? And they actually called you back? And told you what their upcoming driver plans were? This post is so weird to me I honestly can't tell if this post is serious or not.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Does darksiders really need an sli profile? A single 670 was getting me over 200fps. I guess maybe if you forced crazy AA levels. Although it sucks that I finished that and sleeping dogs before they had anything working for them. I would have liked something better than fxaa for darksiders.

Ambient occlusion was added to the profile. You probably mean sli performance though.

Well i'm happy they added MSAA at least. The textures in Darksiders 2 are pretty low, but the art is amazingly good. The game is awesome, too bad the game does not take advantage of PC hardware whatsoever...it could be so much better with HD textures and tessellation....as it looks like a game from 2006....

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
Did you really call them? And they actually called you back? And told you what their upcoming driver plans were? This post is so weird to me I honestly can't tell if this post is serious or not.

Yes i called them.. if need be i can make an Audio post of there voice mail they left on my phone..

Direct number is 212-444-0870

Well i'm happy they added MSAA at least. The textures in Darksiders 2 are pretty low, but the art is amazingly good. The game is awesome, too bad the game does not take advantage of PC hardware whatsoever...it could be so much better with HD textures and tessellation....as it looks like a game from 2006....

Sounds like it is not worth buying for all that money if it looks that bad.. but is a fun game to play... So i will grab the cough internet discounted version cough sooner or later..

I have BorderLands 2 sitting in my Stream pre order.. got it for 28$ last night... now i gotta wait 3 weeks to play it @_@

Last edited:

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
What protest, lol leave nVidia alone.

These drivers btw are the most solid and fast and complete drivers I have ever used.

I did a custom , and check in clean. and not install 3dvision along with nvidia update. I like the nvidia installer lots!!!

they worked out some AA bugs too ...

nvpanel revised...

Last edited:

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I stopped updating drivers, every time I downgrade to the latest driver I have severe performance/crashing issues. I remember having less problems with ATI drivers, im still using 275.33 and probobly always will.

balane

Dec 15, 2006
No new driver available for GTX 680? :(

Edit: It's showing available now. The first few times I tried it was only giving me the older ones to download.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I stopped updating drivers, every time I downgrade to the latest driver I have severe performance/crashing issues. I remember having less problems with ATI drivers, im still using 275.33 and probobly always will.

*roll eyes*

shanghaicn

Aug 27, 2012
I'm using a 460 gtx msi hawk with stock settings. With these drivers I'm getting 1 degree C less (67Cvs68C) than the 304.79 and a more stable game play on GW2 (30-70+ fps). I also play some CS GO, while it is smoother I get a 10 fps drop on de_aztec. So far so good with these drivers for me atleast.

My rig:
2500k I5 stock
asus p67 TUF
Gskill 8GB 1600
460 GTX 1 GB HAWK
corsair 750

Last edited: