Geekbabe Needs Our Help

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
My son lives with autism as his daily challeng.

This is what he posted on his Facebook

” Been a good week for the chef in me...cooking real meats and veggies has become a thing I'm more comfortable with. 😎”

You guys did that! He’s searching Google for good recipe. giving me lists of ingredients & becoming a serious foodie! All thanks to many of you people ❤️

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
February rent is ready to go, thank you ATOT ❤❤❤

People ask why I say thank you for rent, groceries etc. It is because I see how hard many are struggling & I want my supporters to know how grateful I am to them for a roof over my head, medical payments & food in my fridge. I never wish to lose sight of gratitude & trust me I think of you all daily. Thank you ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: kage69 and Captante

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Thank you all for your good wishes & support. You have no idea how much better you have made this difficult time in my life. Huge thanks to Perknose & others who allowed this thread ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Perknose

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Medical update: had a virtual visit with Pallative care team ( my 18 pound cat photobombed the meeting “ is that a cat?” 😂 They are sending occupational therapy here to evaluate me & my apt for fall risks. My chemo treatment for today is being rescheduled because of my bronchitis & a runny nose. I go for a Covid test Sat out of caution & cars for others. ( I have had these symptoms for years, I don’t think I have covid but wish to keep others safe.

My son made a delicious pollock dish with sweet potatoes and veggies as side dishes. It is amazing to see him elevate his cooking skills, this meal was memorable ❤️

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
My son made a delicious pollock dish with sweet potatoes and veggies as side dishes. It is amazing to see him elevate his cooking skills, this meal was memorable ❤
Your son has been blessed to have you as his mother.. I'm sure you have been his fierce and caring advocate since the day he came out of your womb, Jean, a true Momma Bear.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Your son has been blessed to have you as his mother.. I'm sure you have been his fierce and caring advocate since the day he came out of your womb, Jean, a true Momma Bear.
Oh Dave, he’s such a fine, good hearted man, he just sees the world from a different perspective & seriously don’t we need need more of that?

Fun Fact: people on the spectrum are all different my son’s special skills are math & a literal photographic memory. Ask him about any sports figure living or deceased & he will sit there & list every single one of that athlete’s accomplishments….it’s seriously amazing …and now he cooks 🧑‍🍳

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Oh Dave, he’s such a fine, good hearted man, he just sees the world from a different perspective & seriously don’t we need need more of that?

Fun Fact: people on the spectrum are all different my son’s special skills are math & a literal photographic memory. Ask him about any sports figure living or deceased & he will sit there & list every single one of that athlete’s accomplishments….it’s seriously amazing …and now he cooks 🧑‍🍳

Any kitchen items you guys could use?

I feel like this guy needs a special present for doing such a good job.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Okay, so home care came today, did vitals, measured oxygen sats walking & at rest, listened to my lungs, heard the bronchitis wheeze. Had me do some simple exercises to help me get back into condition. She noticed how unlevel the floors are and made some suggestion.

She left & boom! Antibiotics & med refills were ordered…my 18 pound cat was being a shameful attention ho which cracked the nurse up 😂

I actually felt like I got medical care! She even suggested a slow walk down the street over the weekend.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
So in my continuing saga, in my virtual visit with Pallative care ( before the home care team came out) they noted me blowing my nose & coughing occasionally. I have had a runny nose for 7 years as a treatment related side effect. I have chronic bronchitis as diagnosed by CT, it’s in my records! They insisted on a PCR Covid test, without it I would have to go to a place called “ the rack” to be treated with “ the other covid patients “

Hell no! I was totally fine with being tested to keep others safe but going to “ the rack” wasn’t happening. I have been in my house for 4 months, cancel appointments & nervously took an Uber into Boston for testing on Nashua street. The experience felt surreal, enter through back door only had to remove my N95 to put on a paper mask, they had someone dressed like a spaceman in a booth, I had to stand sideways while they shoved a stick up my nose. Pulled up my paper mask & moved as quickly as I could to the door. Thank goodness my Uber driver knew where to pick me up! And I got that N95 back on my face fast, along with my safety glasses.

I was surprised they didn’t swab my throat as isn’t that where omicron likes to kick off? I am glad to do my part to keep others safe…but after being homebound for months seriously wanted to dive into the bushes seeing unmasked people. I also started to worry, did I get exposed simply while going to get tested?

Seriously, cabin fever or a paranoid disorder? 😂

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I also started to worry, did I get exposed simply while going to get tested?

Seriously, cabin fever or a paranoid disorder? 😂
The dead hand of a remote bureaucracy, Jean. Hope you're none the worse for the wear.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
The dead hand of a remote bureaucracy, Jean. Hope you're none the worse for the wear.

oh I’m okay, the whole thing just felt surreal Dave, seeing people, driving by stores, it all felt like watching a movie… Also, in true Bostonian fashion I wore pj pants, a hoodie & a hipster skull cap lol! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Captante

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
February rent is ready to go, thank you ATOT ❤❤❤

People ask why I say thank you for rent, groceries etc. It is because I see how hard many are struggling & I want my supporters to know how grateful I am to them for a roof over my head, medical payments & food in my fridge. I never wish to lose sight of gratitude & trust me I think of you all daily. Thank you ❤❤❤
I never really understood gratitude until it was the only option. Yeah, that didn't really make any sense. If it did, sucks to be you. But I'll bet you've never been happier. ;)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Treatment yesterday, looks like another white coat will be joining my team. A Rheumatologist who specializes in immunotherapy side effects to the joints. I have a lot of arthritis showing on my scans but tx basically is basically speeding up the arthritis, making it like I am 80. The driver actually helped me on & off the van…a sad first. I tried to pick taller chairs in the waiting room to make getting up easier. Glad I am at Mass General though, not having to explain immunotherapy to a Rheumatologist will make life easier.

Still getting at home physical therapy & will be getting a cane. I start using bands next week to try improve muscle strength and balance.

Lots of nausea & stomach pain last night …very tired today but the nausea appears to have passed…thank goodness ❤️

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I was referred to a Rheumatologist who specializes in immunotherapy patients.

First available appointment? October 2 😢
On the waiting list in case there are any cancellations. Still not cleared to return to work yet. Hoping people decide to cancel appointments, I really need to see this Doctor!

Yes, other hospitals have Rheumatologists but having one at Mass General who had easy access to my CT & MRI scans & who deals with immunotherapy patients is important. Treatment team feels like my arthritis has escalated , some days it feels like I am 80 years old

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Long story short, husband got sick last Sunday, sore throat, bad cough, runny nose etc. I gave him two serial covid tests, both were negative. On Thursday I started feeling horrible, sore throat, really runny nos, on Friday cough & diarrhea. I just took my 3rd serial at home covid test, all three were negative. I ran the tests carefully, read the instructions throughly. I am feeling somewhat better now, aside from my nose. I didn’t get as sick as my husband.

We are all vaxed and boosted, my son & I got flu shots but the husband didn’t get his flu shot

Can I please catch a break here? I am so tired of pain, sickness, side effects 😢

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That happened to someone I work with a few weeks ago. He caught something that wasn't covid, more like a headcold from hell. Thanks to the masks and heightened cleanliness for so long, like me he had gone >2 years without getting sick. No fun, but probably not even close to what you feel like especially after your treatments. I'm so sorry.

I recommend pineapple flavored coconut water and that Mucinex multi stuff.