Geekbabe Needs Our Help

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Just put together the green bean casserole so it’ll be ready to bake. Hit the relish trays, ate cheese cubes, shrimp cocktail, crab Rangoon dip and some crackers.

That felt like a lot of food to me but we will have dinner later so I will be able to eat again.

Reactions: BudAshes

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
We had a relaxed, drama free day. My son got his covid booster on Wednesday and was feeling lousy so I stepped in to help cook & glaze the ham, I did the relish trays & green bean casserole.

Thanks to you folks we had a lovely, relaxed day with plenty of food ❤ And yes I ate, 2 rolls, ham, mashed potato, green bean casserole, cheese,crackers and shrimp cocktail

Words can’t tell you how happy my family was to see me at the stove ❤️

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Just got back from having my CT scans done, neck,chest, abs & pelvis….I liked how they had the serenity prayer posted near the scan rooms, it was a comfort to me as I remember that cancer does what it wants & when it wants to.

• Wow
Reactions: Charmonium

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Hey, that's great Babe! Maybe Santa will bring you some physical comfort this jul :^)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hope you feel stronger and have more decently good days! So awesome how big of smiles you must have brought your family by feeling strong enough to help out with meal prep!!!!

Reactions: Captante

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
No new growths, no evidence of progression ….the crappy way I have been feeling is treatment related.

Crying my eyes out with joy…. I will live to see another Christmas ❤❤❤
It's times like this when I tend to wander into a sort of salaciously religious haze and will actually admit that, I don't have any problem with god, regardless of his presence or absence of existent. And while we're here, shout out to the rest of the metaphysical plane. How's it hangin'?

The issue does have a bit more of a sting in the context of our mortality though and we can't deny that' has a direct affect on the quality of life. I can explain how I know that . . . someday.

BTW, don't feel like there is any subtext here and that I'm really talking about you. Everything I'll say is just as directly related to the human condition generally as any one human. ;) :)

However you ARE the reason I bring it up. I'm not sure anyone has made you aware of a truly miraculous treatment for people who might not have as bright a future. But I think it still might be therapeutic, so if you can get some folks to do a little research for you and you're encouraged, pls consider checking it out.

The experiment has involved giving terminal/hospice care patients 2 rounds of psylocin - i.e. the main psychoactive component of psilocybe cubensis. The first trip is so you get a sample which way your particular rabbit hole will go.The next time you'll want your outgoing message to say something like 'whoa, what the hell. Umm, yean. I'm not here. I'm someplace else. Bye now.'

My standup routine aside, so many people have come back from that and they no longer REALLY understand why the rest of us are so afraid of dying. SMH - go figure.
Not sure if folks can still donate but I figured a bump couldn't hurt anyway!

:)
I like that plan. :)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
No new growths, no evidence of progression ….the crappy way I have been feeling is treatment related.

Crying my eyes out with joy…. I will live to see another Christmas ❤️❤️❤️

Cool. Now about that cattle prod...

• Haha
Reactions: Geekbabe

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Please know, all donations are being used wisely. Uber fees to get CT scans, my December rent was paid yesterday, an over $500 medical insurance premium being sent out. Copay payment to MGH, groceries. Your $ are going towards needs & I love you all for it.

That's sweet of you Jean, and we trust you. Stoked to hear about no growth progression. Keep doing what you're doing!

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
My oldest daughter is a mover and shaker! She bought me a new adjustable bed with hybrid mattress & a waterproof cover. She had it sent via red carpet delivery. The guys that came were vaccinated ,masked and so cheerful. They hauled away my old stuff & set up my new bed & showed me how to use it. I laid down & I guess my eyes said it all, the younger guy laughed & said welcome to Mattress Firm. 😀

for the first time in months I am able to get in & out of bed without struggling, my hips don’t hurt all day. Being able to raise my head helps with my breathing and hiatal hernia. Elevating my feet takes the pressure off my spine.

Plus, down the road, when I need home care I won’t be stuck in a used hospital bed in the middle of my living room. This bed raises high enough that it is easy to make & a hospital style tray will fit under it. She gave me comfort….. and dignity ❤

Btw, both daughters made gofundme donations so I can choose new bedding and pillows. My son swept and mopped the bedroom and helped tremendously.

Last edited:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Please know, all donations are being used wisely. Uber fees to get CT scans, my December rent was paid yesterday, an over $500 medical insurance premium being sent out. Copay payment to MGH, groceries. Your $ are going towards needs & I love you all for it.

What? I thought I was donating so you could buy NFTs and Dogecoin! :D

My oldest daughter is a mover and shaker! She bought me a new adjustable bed with hybrid mattress & a waterproof cover. She had it sent via red carpet delivery. The guys that came were vaccinated ,masked and so cheerful. They hauled away my old stuff & set up my new bed & showed me how to use it. I laid down & I guess my eyes said it all, the younger guy laughed & said welcome to Mattress Firm. 😀

for the first time in months I am able to get in & out of bed without struggling, my hips don’t hurt all day. Being able to raise my head helps with my breathing and hiatal hernia. Elevating my feet takes the pressure off my spine.

Plus, down the road, when I need home care I won’t be stuck in a used hospital bed in the middle of my living room. This bed raises high enough that it is easy to make & a hospital style tray will fit under it. She gave me comfort….. and dignity ❤

Btw, both daughters made gofundme donations so I can choose new bedding and pillows. My son swept and mopped the bedroom and helped tremendously.

Well sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Reactions: Geekbabe

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
What? I thought I was donating so you could buy NFTs and Dogecoin! :D

Well sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Dodgecoin ? Is that the one with the dog on it? We are cat people here so no way 😂 lol I had my son go to an ATM so I could get cash to tip the guys who delivered my new bed and hauled away my old one. I haven’t had cash in hand for so long it felt strange. 😂 Seriously I don’t know much about the cryptocurrency thing. I have too many other things on my mind.

And yes, my family is wonderful. I am blessed with three intelligent, hard working, compassionate children that do much to assist others ❤

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Just talked with payroll, my medical and dental insurance premiums were $797.67 covering me till Jan 7th. So the check just went out in the mail. Good thing I talked to them. Thank you all ❤️

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Just talked with payroll, my medical and dental insurance premiums were $797.67 covering me till Jan 7th. So the check just went out in the mail. Good thing I talked to them. Thank you all ❤

:eek:

I love my country, but health care is something we gotta fix. That's a fckn ridiculous premium for a month.