Geekbabe Needs Our Help

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Hi Dave,

As you know I have been on immunotherapy for over six years. My last scan showed a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes…now these could be reactive to an infection ( my teeth are a mess) or a sign of cancer progression. Plus the side effects of Immunotherapy are kicking my rump. Rashes, my thyroid doesn’t work, bad joint pain & I have almost fallen a few times. I haven’t worked in 2 weeks and skipped my last treatment. I see the Pallative care folks Nov 12 to hopefully back down some of these side effects.

I have applied for FMLA via my job problem is I have almost zero sick or vacation time left. Mike is working but Home Depot wages aren’t going to cover rent, utilities & food. I can keep medical insurance as long as I pay my current premiums to my company.

A good friend has started a gofundme for me: https://gofund.me/68a28a52

Thanks,
Jean

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Can't donate today because I'm broke myself but will throw something your way before the end of the week.... wish I could do more!

Hang in there GB! :)

How about a "sticky" for this?

Reactions: BudAshes

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There aren't that many people on the internet who i want to help more than Jean "Geekbabe." She seems like one of the most selfless and empathetic people on the net. Hope this helps her.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Not to state the obvious, but it won't hurt to go past the goal either. Whatever the stated goal is, it'll certainly fall short of what's actually needed.

Reactions: Pohemi and BudAshes

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Reactions: BudAshes

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
no matter how lousy I have felt I kept refusing this kind of help & kept pushing thru to keep working. Sitting here talking to the woman who put up the gofundme & just can’t stop crying. You people are so beautiful & the ATOT effect is epic, thank you all from the bottom of my heart ❤️