Gearing up to file under the Florida Lemon Law

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
It's a 2006 scion tC. I have had the same issue "fixed" 3 times now. I read on the lemon law website that I need to mail the manufacture a certified letter letting them know my intent. And from there they have 1 final shot to fix the issue.

The issue: The vehicle has 2 moonroofs. The rear moonroof ticks non stop regardless of how fast you are going. They have removed panels and replaced them to see if it was just faulty clips. They have taken off my entire sunroof and added a sound dampening kit that has had no avail. And this final time they tightened the moonroof screws.

The car has squeeks all over the front console and it is quite annoying to anyone in the car.

My question is this: What charges might I accrue besides a few days without my car, while doing this lemon law? Do I have court charges or lawyer fees? And ultimately what happens if I win the case?

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Um...you might want to read the fine print on the lemon law: I have a feeling "squeaks" may not be covered. Mechanical or other defects that impact the normal, safe use of the car I would imagine are covered. Noises might not be...

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Um...you might want to read the fine print on the lemon law: I have a feeling "squeaks" may not be covered. Mechanical or other defects that impact the normal, safe use of the car I would imagine are covered. Noises might not be...

I think fbrdphreak is correct...its the major problems that fall under the lemon law. I guess thats what you get for buying Japanese "Quality" ;) you the one in a million lucky winner! :D

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

It appears that in Florida the defect must "substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle."

Use and safety are out, value is a toss-up.

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004

Faulty sunroof, it will be unsafe when i flip the car from getting aggravated because of the 20db ticking over my head

CombatChuk

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm really close on my Wife's Mini Cooper. The Air Bag sensor in the Passenger seat got fixed for the second time.