Gear of War: Ultimate Edition Performance Retest - The Game has been Fixed!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
What was the point of even having this game in DX12? Even with the latest patch, there are still frame rate drops within the game (they won't show THAT in a benchmark). It's such a half-assed port. You can't even disable the V-Sync lock at 60 FPS. And this game was originally released 10 years ago. Bang up job you did with this game, Microsoft. :thumbsdown:

It should've been a DX11 title from the get-go. If you're going to do DX12, then put some real effort into it like Ashes of the Singularity.

Microsoft lost the console race. And they are trying to save face by I don't even know anymore.

They should just wrap it up, buy Sony, and call it a day. At this point they're just burning money and getting no where.

Njay86

Mar 22, 2016
sharkdownloads.com
I think DX12 support haven't matured yet, give it a few years. As of now, we should only be dealing with DX11.

Hardware: Asus G751||I7 @2.6GHZ||RAM 32 GB||GTX 970M||Samsung 840 Evo [512 GB]/OCZ Vertex 4||

Last edited:

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
1. Windows 10 (telemetry)
2. UWP (telemetry)
3. Telemetry
4. Windows 10 (again, just to make sure)

the game seems like a poor quality port in terms of performance optimization, but to be fair, from what other people have said both AMD and Nvidia are still very far from ideal with their DX12 drivers as well

this whole game seems a bit pointless to me... Gears of War 2007 is still fine on PC, there was no need for this "remaster" or whatever is called.

Pottuvoi

Apr 16, 2012
4. Windows 10 (again, just to make sure)

the game seems like a poor quality port in terms of performance optimization, but to be fair, from what other people have said both AMD and Nvidia are still very far from ideal with their DX12 drivers as well

this whole game seems a bit pointless to me... Gears of War 2007 is still fine on PC, there was no need for this "remaster" or whatever is called.
There certainly was no need to force it for DX12.

Doing port of a old code base to DX12 most likely wasn't fun exercise, really doubt they got any advantages when comparing to DX9 or 11. (They were not CPU limited.)

therealnickdanger

Oct 26, 2005
how does steam origin uplay windows store keeps your data and shows it off on your personal page?
oh wait only win 10 is doing this right? right?:D

Collecting gaming or hardware information is different than collecting everything (Windows 10). I'm not paranoid, just annoyed.