Gay scoutmasters okay . . . but not gay Congressmen?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I think the core problem with gay marriage is that everyone is so unwilling to compromise.

I mean, look at the trash law in Virginia that's going to prevent gays from even entering into contracts with eachother. under the law I couldn't, for example, draw up a will and leave my estate to my partner (see how I worked the estate tax in there? :p).

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I agree with the "private membership club" argument. As long as they don't receive money from the federal government they should be allowed to allow anyone they want or don't want.

Otherwise, we could force the NAACP to allow white KKK supporters to join their group. And the NAACP is a tax exempt orginization.

Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: XMan
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Foley's problem is not that he is homosexual - the problem is that he was sexually harrassing pages, which is grossly unprofessional and not the expected behavior from a congress-person of all people. There are plenty of lesbians and gays in politics who don't sexually harrass young people, surprisingly. :roll:

You mean like Bill Clinton?

See "Power-Player" and "Confidante"

hahaha.

*Republican pointing: "Look over there!"

"Oh, that didn't distract you? Then, look over there!"

"OK, THERE!" "THERE?"

"how 'bout dere?...."

<small pathetic elmer fudd voice>"dere?"</small pathetic elmer fudd voice>

Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: hellokeith
Could care less. They can ban me because they don't like my first name. They are a private membership organization, and the Supreme Court (to Bill Clinton's dismay) upheld their right to allow/disallow whomever they choose. The gay atheist club can ban me as well, they'd be full in their rights. So long as the city of San Fran treats the groups equally, it's all good with me.

:thumbsup:

You find it appealing he avoids questions just like you do? He is able to use multiple sentences though, unlike you. I'd say you have some competition!

And Keith, it's COULDN'T CARE LESS, as in COULD NOT CARE LESS.

Since, if you COULD CARE LESS, it would mean that YOU CARE. Or is that the message? I suspected as much.