Gay Is Not OK

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
So much for Christianity being about tolerance and loving the sinner, as Jesus taught.

It has instead become worthless.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I was wondering how long it will be before the reverend is busted in a gay sex scandal, then I saw his picture...

bilde

... and I thought 'probably won't have to wait long.'

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
This was my reaction when I spotted the thread title while scrolling down the forum,

CerealSpitting.png

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
When they put up PORK IS NOT OK or SHRIMP IS NOT OK also NO TURTLE SOUP FOR YOU then maybe we won't call them hypocrites.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Why is this controversial? I thought everybody knew that in most Christian sects, and also Islam, homosexuality is a sin. No, attacking a religion as "bigoted" for having out of date beliefs based on their religious scriptures is not acceptable and isn't going to help. Remember when the religious right said that gay rights would force them to change their beliefs, and we were like "No way man, it's about freedom"? Well...

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
That isn't a fair sign, and it is being taken out of context. The other side actually said "unless the chicks are hot."

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I was wondering how long it will be before the reverend is busted in a gay sex scandal, then I saw his picture...

bilde

... and I thought 'probably won't have to wait long.'

So you judge by appearance or is it you make bad jokes . Your an appearance racist. thats sad

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Why is this controversial? I thought everybody knew that in most Christian sects, and also Islam, homosexuality is a sin. No, attacking a religion as "bigoted" for having out of date beliefs based on their religious scriptures is not acceptable and isn't going to help. Remember when the religious right said that gay rights would force them to change their beliefs, and we were like "No way man, it's about freedom"? Well...

It says a lot of stuff in Islamic and Christian religious scriptures. The obsession with homosexuality among some of the faithful definitely seems to exceed their attention to other parts of their holy books.

And I don't buy the whole religious persecution argument you're suggesting either. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech allow anyone to believe whatever they like and say whatever they like. They doesn't prevent ME from believing they're intolerant bigots and saying so. Nobody is "forcing" them to do anything. They live in a free country, but then again, so does everyone else ;)

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
And they wonder why young people are leaving the church.

They would be better served by advertising the perceived benefits of belonging to their sect.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I feel like now would be a good time to remind people of the great words of wisdom, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Why my post . I made no judgment based on appearance. Fact is I made no judgement at all . I replied to a replier and not the OP

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Meanwhile, God wonders why they don't share His hatred of Cotton Polyester blends.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

Well what? The religious right continues to hate gays. So clearly no one's forced them to change their beliefs.

Now, what of course will happen is that as gay rights become more and more mainstream and more and more accepted, more and more people will come to believe that there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. These far-right groups will become more and more marginalized, and they'll either adapt or be increasingly viewed as versions of the Westboro Baptist Church. And even then, no one will will "force" them to change their beliefs.

Consider modern attitudes about marriages between blacks and whites. Anti-miscegenation laws existed in the United States until 1967, and many people felt there was something inherently wrong with marriage between the races. Loving v. Virginia may have overturned all existing anti-miscegenation laws, but that didn't stop many people from continuing to believe that interracial marriage was a sin. But society's views have changed over the decades, and other than the Ku Klux Klan and a few white-supremacist groups, no one in the U.S. thinks interracial marriage is a sin any more. That isn't because beliefs have been forced on anyone; it's because as people saw that interracial marriages were perfectly normal, they realized their assumptions were wrong. The same thing is going to happen with respect to gay rights. 30 years from now, anyone thinking that gays sholdn't have the right to marry their partners will be pretty fringe.

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
So you judge by appearance or is it you make bad jokes . Your an appearance racist. thats sad

Are you kidding? That guy has sucked off more choir boys than Michael Jackson at a leap year summer church camp.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Are you kidding? That guy has sucked off more choir boys than Michael Jackson at a leap year summer church camp.

Well I guess you would know as its likely you were kneeling alongside him doing the tenner section of the choir.Knowing what you have just exposed about this man .

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
It says a lot of stuff in Islamic and Christian religious scriptures. The obsession with homosexuality among some of the faithful definitely seems to exceed their attention to other parts of their holy books.

And I don't buy the whole religious persecution argument you're suggesting either. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech allow anyone to believe whatever they like and say whatever they like. They doesn't prevent ME from believing they're intolerant bigots and saying so. Nobody is "forcing" them to do anything. They live in a free country, but then again, so does everyone else ;)

It is true that being-anti-homosexual is an easy target for Christians. It also assists in distracting one from one's own sins. I am not quite sure why a Christian would expect a non-Christian to follow what God says if they do not believe in God. It is backwards.

I say all this as a Christian. I also say that homosexuality is a sin and is wrong, but i don't expect someone who is not a Christian to obey the teachings of the Bible, and so while I may express my belief in a forum such as this, I would not try to convince others that this is wrong b/c even if you ended up believing it was wrong, you'd still go to hell. It does no good to try to change the culture in a superficial way.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Meanwhile, God wonders why they don't share His hatred of Cotton Polyester blends.

It is cotton-wool blends, but that is only for Jews and anyone else who willingly decides to place themself under The Law.

When they put up PORK IS NOT OK or SHRIMP IS NOT OK also NO TURTLE SOUP FOR YOU then maybe we won't call them hypocrites.

The Law only applies to the Jews and to anyone else who willingly decides to place themself under The Law.

The Brit Chadashah (New Covenant or New Testament) does include homosexual acts as a sin, so Christians can use that as their support for being against the act.

Christians should NEVER be against the sinner, but should ALWAYS be against the sin. Most people fail at this.