Gay and lesbian couples maybe should'nt raise kids

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
One anecdote proves nothing. On the whole kids with gay parents turn out fine.

Or looking at it the other way, probably 99.9% of children with sexual identity issues are raised by heterosexual parents. Or for that matter, kids with lots of issues completely unrelated to sexual preference or identity like abuse, neglect, and who knows what else.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Did you read the part where the parents are giving the child hormone-blocking drugs to delay puberty? That is what is most disturbing about this family. Parents need to let the kids life run its course. If he still wants to be a female when he turns 18 he can act, but the parents should not be trying to make it happen when he is 11. That is simply bad parenting.

Yes, this is a common thing gay parents do. (you're retarded)

Redfraggle

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2009
It makes one ponder after reading this story about a child being raised by lesbian parents and then having issues with his own sexuality. Maybe gays and lesbians should not be allowed to raise kids after all.
Yeah, because straight parents never raise kids that have sexual identity issues.... What a moronic thing to suggest. People who believe that argument are either gullible or homophobes trying to hide behind a facade of "doing what's best for the children."

Nov 29, 2006
Here is a thought...who cares if/why someone is homosexual or what the cause may be? I dont care if its biological or a choice. Makes no difference to me what floats someones boat.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
They are "supposedly" brought up on average at least as well as from the median hetero couple (though compared to other adopting couples I don't know how they compare).

When I saw this article I thought the same thing OP did. That kid had the fvcking deck stacked against them from day one.

Feb 6, 2007
Yes, this is a common thing gay parents do. (you're retarded)
As the son of lesbian mothers, I can vouch for this. I was raised as a girl solely because "meh, why not?" I still remember that awkard conversation with my mothers: "Mommy, why does my vagina go all hard and pointy when I see the other girls in the showers?" Thankfully they stopped addressing me as Shirley as soon as I started growing facial hair... at age 25.

As far as using specious anecdotal evidence to support a completely ridiculous premise, Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Mussolini, Castro, Pol Pot, and hundreds of other dictators and despots throughout history were born to heterosexual parents. What does that tell you? If you answered "absolutely fucking nothing," congratulations on not being an imbecile.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Most straight people shouldn't have kids, either...

So true!!!!
I know three kids (3 years, 8 years and 10 years) right now being "shared" between families because both mom and dad are in jail for 3 years for making meth. Also, they have three counts of child endangerment against them. So even when they get out, I doubt they ever get their kids back.

So, so much for the anti gay shit op.....

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
So true!!!!
I know three kids (3 years, 8 years and 10 years) right now being "shared" between families because both mom and dad are in jail for 3 years for making meth. Also, they have three counts of child endangerment against them. So even when they get out, I doubt they ever get their kids back.

So, so much for the anti gay shit op.....

but that's SOOOOOOOO much better than 2 dads or 2 moms!

THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
btw:

On behalf of my hometown of Raleigh, NC--I'd just like to say that this brainless OP does not represent us, in any way.

Thank you.

--zin

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Uh, who cares about the parents, why the hell are the doctors going through with the treatment on a minor?

That kid barely has a concept of gender at that age.

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
Actually, I don't think you read this article:

A)They had 2 older sons that both have gone on without gender/sexual disorders, and even have grandchildren.

B)This child was diagnosed at a very early age with gender identity disorder. This is not 'uncommon' and happens in all types of parental situations. And the safest way for this child to continue on is to let this disorder play out. Attempting to force a child with gender identity disorder into a gender they don't want to accept can have very serious consequences later on. Many attempt/commit suicide as a teen or early adult. Therefore starting this treatment before actually developing is the safest route. This individual would never be a 'man' whether or not this treatment was given or not.

C) The parents aren't forcing this child to do anything. This treatment is in response to attempted self harm and was not their first choice.

Therefore I think it's clear you should better read the articles you post and instantly form an opinion on based on the attention grabbing title versus the actual content.

It's not unreasonable at all the to think that there is some relationship between the gender identity disorder and having two mommies. That's the first thing that would come to mind to any freethinking person, even the doctors in the story said so. They say they've ruled that out, but how can they really do that conclusively?

This is one of the things that drive me nuts about Liberals. They start with the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with having gay couples raise kids then attack anyone who makes a reasonable argument otherwise as ignorant. It's like if they admit that having a male and female parent is better for the child than a gay couple (all else equal) their heads will explode. It's just bizarre.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
It makes one ponder after reading this story about a child being raised by lesbian parents and then having issues with his own sexuality. Maybe gays and lesbians should not be allowed to raise kids after all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/1...er-patients-raises-questions/?test=latestnews

How about all the cases where straight parents who are drug addicts? Or the straight parents which beat their children to death?

Oh, right - no one is afraid of straight people. So, no need to sensationalize all the fucked up things they do. Well, no one is afraid but the victims - but, you have no intention of defending them,... unless they are under the cruel evil clutches of homosexuals!!!shift+1!!

Nov 29, 2006
OP, please choke yourself.

Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I can't help it, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit! Get on your knees scumbag!
[Pyle drops down to his knees]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Now choke yourself.
[Pyle wraps his own hands around his throat]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Goddamn it, with MY hand, numb-nuts!
[Pyle reaches for Hartman's hand]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Don't pull my fucking hand over there! I said choke yourself; now lean forward and choke yourself!
[Pyle does so]

:D

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
It's not unreasonable at all the to think that there is some relationship between the gender identity disorder and having two mommies. That's the first thing that would come to mind to any freethinking person, even the doctors in the story said so. They say they've ruled that out, but how can they really do that conclusively?

I'm not so sure you can call yourself that.

This is one of the things that drive me nuts about Liberals. They start with the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with having gay couples raise kids then attack anyone who makes a reasonable argument otherwise as ignorant. It's like if they admit that having a male and female parent is better for the child than a gay couple (all else equal) their heads will explode. It's just bizarre.

What, exactly, is the "reasonable argument" against having gay couples raise kids?

All things being equal, yes, having a male and female parent is better for a child than a gay couple... but that's largely academic. The reality is all things are rarely, if ever, equal.