• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Gay and lesbian couples maybe should'nt raise kids

boochi

May 21, 2011
Last edited:

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
One anecdote proves nothing. On the whole kids with gay parents turn out fine.

Jan 25, 2011

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
maybe heterosexual couples shouldn't raise kids either

lord_emperor

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Considering the lack of biological reproduction these couples are adopting. GLBT parents are better than no parents.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
One anecdote proves nothing. On the whole kids with gay parents turn out fine.
So you counter his ridiculous anecdote with a ridiculous statement of your own. Truly it doesn't matter what your parents are fond of doing in bed since, I would venture to guess, the majority of parenting is about what goes on outside the bedroom. Bad parents make for bad children regardless of the parent's sexuality.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
This thread actually illustrates a good reason why a University education is important and why learning how to critically think is important. I know that many don't get a job within their field but at least they learned how to use their brain so that they wouldn't post a thread like this one.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
This thread actually illustrates a good reason why a University education is important and why learning how to critically think is important. I know that many don't get a job within their field but at least they learned how to use their brain so that they wouldn't post a thread like this one.
Lol, ouch.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So you counter his ridiculous anecdote with a ridiculous statement of your own. Truly it doesn't matter what your parents are fond of doing in bed since, I would venture to guess, the majority of parenting is about what goes on outside the bedroom. Bad parents make for bad children regardless of the parent's sexuality.
It's not a ridiculous statement. Studies have shown there is no discernible difference between outcomes for children brought up by two straight or two gay parents.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
What did I say that's ridiculous? There have been studies of kids who have gay parents and it's been shown that as a group they don't have any problems.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Obviously humans cannot be trusted to raise children.
Too much variance.

Lets build a race of robotic nannies to raise our children. These robots will have an inbuilt mechanism to randomly mutate their child rearing techniques. After each generation, the most successful children will determine which nanny-bot softwares become the the baseline for the next version update and which versions are deleted.
Evolution kicks in, and before long we'll have an ever-improving system of raising children.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
What did I say that's ridiculous? There have been studies of kids who have gay parents and it's been shown that as a group they don't have any problems.
Apparently its ridiculous to even begin discussing conclusions on parenting with regards to parents sexuality.

Really though he is just an argumentative poster. Probably had gay parents.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
It makes one ponder after reading this story about a child being raised by lesbian parents and then having issues with his own sexuality. Maybe gays and lesbians should not be allowed to raise kids after all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html
I have a cousin with two mommies and she's the most normal cousin I have.

In fact, the aunt who is a lesbian is the most normal aunt/uncle i have.

Sexual preference has absolutly nothing to do with a parent's ability to raise their kids, nor does it have dick all to do with the moral principles instilled in those kids by the parents.

boochi

May 21, 2011
Did you read the part where the parents are giving the child hormone-blocking drugs to delay puberty? That is what is most disturbing about this family. Parents need to let the kids life run its course. If he still wants to be a female when he turns 18 he can act, but the parents should not be trying to make it happen when he is 11. That is simply bad parenting.

Jan 25, 2011
Did you read the part where the parents are giving the child hormone-blocking drugs to delay puberty? That is what is most disturbing about this family. Parents need to let the kids life run its course. If he still wants to be a female when he turns 18 he can act, but the parents should not be trying to make it happen when he is 11. That is simply bad parenting.
And what does that have to do with anyone other than that family?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
You just gotta love the misinformation being spread, from the article linked in the OP

fully transition to being female
It is impossible for a male to "fully" transition to being a female. The pelvic bone is shaped differently between men and women, I have never heard of an ovary transplant for a male, and what about a uterus transplant.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
this is a retarded post. bet you're one of the "99%" as well huh? lols it doesn't take a degree to realize the OP should have thought before he posted.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Actually, I don't think you read this article:

A)They had 2 older sons that both have gone on without gender/sexual disorders, and even have grandchildren.

B)This child was diagnosed at a very early age with gender identity disorder. This is not 'uncommon' and happens in all types of parental situations. And the safest way for this child to continue on is to let this disorder play out. Attempting to force a child with gender identity disorder into a gender they don't want to accept can have very serious consequences later on. Many attempt/commit suicide as a teen or early adult. Therefore starting this treatment before actually developing is the safest route. This individual would never be a 'man' whether or not this treatment was given or not.

C) The parents aren't forcing this child to do anything. This treatment is in response to attempted self harm and was not their first choice.

Therefore I think it's clear you should better read the articles you post and instantly form an opinion on based on the attention grabbing title versus the actual content.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

ASK THE COMMUNITY