Garage sale deals today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Got one of these for $3, the CD player didn't work, fixed by a through lens cleaning,
41x%2B1biMWcL._SX425_.jpg
Then got 2 of these for $5,
1323188041-1116931_full.jpg
One needs a set of wheels in the front, I'm sure Harbor Freight will have something, both heat up perfect, The guy threw in one of these for free,
61IQGXR%2BORL._SY300_.jpg
Then I scored a 12V battery charger 8 amp, $5, needs a re-paint but is an older heavy-duty unit.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Bought my flight sim yoke and rudder pedals at a garage sale for $25! They go for over $200! :awe:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Bought my flight sim yoke and rudder pedals at a garage sale for $25! They go for over $200! :awe:

Cool, sometimes you just find people want to NOT drag all that stuff back inside so deals are to be had. I'm gonna keep the best heater, sell the other two on CL for $25-30 and profit!, the stereo will be my new garage system.

Sep 12, 2004
Picked up a pair of Oakley M Frames with vented amber lenses for $5, a Chef's Choice 3-stage knife sharpener for $10, and a Cuisinart DLC-7 Pro food processor in pristine condition with 5 blades for $3. Got a bunch of other stuff too but those were some of the best finds.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Picked up a pair of Oakley M Frames with vented amber lenses for $5, a Chef's Choice 3-stage knife sharpener for $10, and a Cuisinart DLC-7 Pro food processor in pristine condition with 5 blades for $3. Got a bunch of other stuff too but those were some of the best finds.

Nice. A few years back I found a pair of Pioneer HPM-100's with caved in woofers and scratched-up cabnites for $5 but I remembered they were top of the line in the early '80's so I sold the tweets, mids, and X-overs on Ebay for $180. Thing is you have to know what people still want and are collectible's, my only area of knowledge is electronics but there are old jeans, sneakers, ect. that will fetch a ton. The trick is knowing whats junk and what's valued.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I sold two sets of dumbbells for $20 -- 60 lb total? Retail would have been like $1/pound.

Loop2kil

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2004
I scored 400+ vinyl records for $20...Haven't gone through them all yet but there are some turds as well as some really nice ones in the collection. Iit amazes me what people had to do to records to get them as bad as they appear. Did they play Frisbee golf or something with them??

Sep 12, 2004
Nice. A few years back I found a pair of Pioneer HPM-100's with caved in woofers and scratched-up cabnites for $5 but I remembered they were top of the line in the early '80's so I sold the tweets, mids, and X-overs on Ebay for $180. Thing is you have to know what people still want and are collectible's, my only area of knowledge is electronics but there are old jeans, sneakers, ect. that will fetch a ton. The trick is knowing whats junk and what's valued.
My best speaker find was a trio of B&W Nautilus speakers; a pair of mains and a center channel. Paid $175. Sold for $2600+.

Sometimes you have to take chances to learn. With garage sales that's easy and cheap to do. As an example...a couple of years ago I bought a Sherlock Holmes pipe. It was 50 cents and I thought it would sell for 5 or 10 bucks as a novelty item for Halloween. Found out that those pipes are made from Calabash gourds and are highly prized by collectors. It sold on eBay for $175. Another time I bought a small tile, about 4" x 6", that had inlaid stones for $1. I bought it purely because I liked it; something about it screamed quality. Turns out it was an image of the Ponte Del Vecchio that was crafted in Florence back in the 1950s and was inlaid with very small, semi-precious stones. The process was called pietra dura. It sold for north of $300.

It's fun to dig up things like that at garage sales...but don't even think about it newbs. A thousand folks like me are hawking a local garage sale near you. The good stuff is gone before you have a chance to blink.

:colbert:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
My best speaker find was a trio of B&W Nautilus speakers; a pair of mains and a center channel. Paid $175. Sold for $2600+.

Sometimes you have to take chances to learn. With garage sales that's easy and cheap to do. As an example...a couple of years ago I bought a Sherlock Holmes pipe. It was 50 cents and I thought it would sell for 5 or 10 bucks as a novelty item for Halloween. Found out that those pipes are made from Calabash gourds and are highly prized by collectors. It sold on eBay for $175. Another time I bought a small tile, about 4" x 6", that had inlaid stones for $1. I bought it purely because I liked it; something about it screamed quality. Turns out it was an image of the Ponte Del Vecchio that was crafted in Florence back in the 1950s and was inlaid with very small, semi-precious stones. The process was called pietra dura. It sold for north of $300.

It's fun to dig up things like that at garage sales...but don't even think about it newbs. A thousand folks like me are hawking a local garage sale near you. The good stuff is gone before you have a chance to blink.

:colbert:

LOL, yea, like I said, it's knowing what collectible and what's junk. Problem is with FL is we have a lot of old people but most of them migrated here from up north and had their garage and estate sales before moving down here. I do wish I knew what's of value though, it would be a great help. Funny thing is old geezers don't know or care about Craigslist, the dude with the heaters could have waited a month or two and got good $$ for them when the cooler weather arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.