Gang wars?

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Ahhhh...the pleasures of city life.

It's a warm night, so I have the balcony door open tonight for some "fresh" Pittsburgh air. My roommate is in bed, and the TV and stereo are turned off, so it's completely silent in my apartment. Off in the distance, I can hear the occasional sounds of gunfire from some of Pittsburgh's less "hospitable" neighborhoods.

There must be some sort of "gang war" going on lately. I rarely hear any shots, but lately I've been hearing them all night. Pretty soon I'll hear the sirens, and there will probably be a 5-second spot on the news tomorrow afternoon.

What's scary is that all of this is taking place less than ten blocks away. Luckily for me, the mafia has quite an influence in my neighborhood (and it seems to keep street crime down), but it's a bit unnerving to hear shots fired so close to home.

So what are you listening to tonight?

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I'm listening to some blues.... Guy Davis' Waiting on the Cards to Fall. I highly recommend it, sounds very cool! If I didnt have the music on I wouldn't hear anything except a car pass by now and then....

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
My house in the hi-desert is so quiet I can almost hear my hair grow.

I really don't miss big city life and especially the paranoia of gang violence.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
As I've said before, the south side of chicago is always jumping...shots every night. I guess that's what happens when you don't have a job...:D

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Hmmm, all I hear are the sounds of my tv and souped-up mopeds going up and down the street. :(

Oh well, they're bound to crash sooner or later. Then I have the ambulances to look forward to! :) (j/k)

-Sean

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Dead quiet out here in the country.

View from my driveway. Also damned dark at night, unless the moon is out.

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Viper GTS

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
well, i live in australia, where luckily not too much of that sort of thing goes on. i also dont live in a capital city, so it is even less likely to happen.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Viper, very nice place you live in :)

Anyway, listening to Crestfallen by Smashing Pumpkins.