Gaming performance in Vista versus XP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mancunian

May 19, 2006
Originally posted by: BladeVenom
File transfer speed is still much slower with Vista.

Indeed. I have a dual core laptop and 2 gigs of RAM with Vista Home Premium on it, and file transfer between its HD and USB2 external HD is half that of what it'd be on XP.

You'd think they'd addressed this by now.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Mem
Originally posted by: Captante
XP is still a bit faster then Vista in just about all games based on comparasions using my personal PC which dual-boots XP Pro & Vista Ultimate 32-bit, however Vista performance has improved quite a bit recently.

My personal experience is Vista x64 is up there with my XP in gaming,infact no issues,stability is just awesome,it'll be interesting to see how well AMD/ATI drivers are on Vista x64 compared to Nvidia drivers in a week or so when I get my 4850 card.

I've actually been considering moving to Vista 64-bit myself now that there are mature drivers for all my components but I havn't had the time lately to get involved in a full re-install which apparently is my only option to upgrade from 32-bit.

I'm also a little concerned about running a dual-boot system XP Pro & 64-bit Vista.