gaming pc or console

abhishek88j

Dec 13, 2013
hello everyone
i wanted to know what would be better
gaming pc or a console
consoles are much cheaper than if i plan on building a new gaming pc but the games on pcs are much cheaper
what do you suggest?

Patre

May 29, 2013
Considering the price of the new consoles (~$500), I'd definitely get a PC. Even if you put a few hundred more into the pc and get some decent gaming hardware, you'd save money in the long run (over buying console games). There's much more flexibility with a PC and more practical useage with it.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
OP, I see that you are new to the forums. Suggest you conduct a forum (and a Google) search on the subject.

As for me I have both but far prefer a PC for gaming. I hardly game on my PS3 as I mainly use it as a media center (I got it cheap).

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
For me, if a game is on PC, I go that route. There are games that are exclusive to some consoles though and also, if your friends game on a certain console, that might impact your decision.

Oct 30, 2004
Are you interested in online multiplayer? Are you interested in the possibility of custom, user-made content? Would you have any interest in playing Real Time Strategy games? If so, go with the PC.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
If you can build a PC on your own it will be more powerful and cheaper in the long run. Startup costs are *slightly* higher (like less than $100) but you'll make it up in game costs, and of course have a more flexible machine.

slpnshot

Dec 1, 2011
You're on the PC gaming subforum of the site, what do you think we would suggest if you leave the question so open ended?

What type of games do you like to play?

Which platforms do most of your friends play on?

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
Bean burritos and fishnet stockings. +1 yeah

edit so no thread crap

PC
PC
and more PC

Last edited:

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
What games do you want to play?

Are they console exclusives? ==> buy that console

Is it an online game where most of the players are on a console? ==> buy that console

I have a PC, PS2, PS3, 360 because each has games I want to play. The PS4 and X1 do not have any exclusive games that I want to play yet, so I do not have either one.

I care about the games first, the device second. If the game is on PC I get it there because I have a better gaming PC than the 360/PS3.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
glorious-pc-gaming-master-race-gif-wrestling-gabe-newell-986162.gif

Any questions?

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
What games do you want to play?

Are they console exclusives? ==> buy that console

Is it an online game where most of the players are on a console? ==> buy that console

I have a PC, PS2, PS3, 360 because each has games I want to play. The PS4 and X1 do not have any exclusive games that I want to play yet, so I do not have either one.

I care about the games first, the device second. If the game is on PC I get it there because I have a better gaming PC than the 360/PS3.

This. The reason why I stuck with PC and Nintendo, their software options come first. Same why (on a similar, off topic note) tablets for the longest time never appealed to me, and my interest in one started with a Kindle Fire (I wanted to read books and have a "f-ck disk swapping" use with books and reading).

My computing tools are out of need, and a few steps into the future need. The OP is asking this out of pure gaming political tastes and possibly enticing one.

What do you want to accomplish, today and tomorrow, and decide on one, budget pending of course. I can say the same to just about ANY ACQUISITION of anything, from consumer level products, to private corporations, to government things.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Do you like to play multiplatform games, indie games, want cheaper games, do you care about audio-visual fidelity, like tweaking and modding? Get a PC

Do you like Sony and Nintendo's exclusive games? Get a PlayStation 3/4 or Wii U.

There are a lot of really outstanding console exclusives that I think makes it worth owning one as well as a PC. Which is why I have stuck with PlayStation. Xbox isn't even on my radar since most of those games eventually end up getting ported to Windows.