• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Gaming PC for around $2000

bradnewman

Mar 2, 2011
Hello I would like to build a gaming PC (desktop, windows currently have a 4k display so that isn't included in the price) for around $2000 - I play Fortnight currently. I would also like to keep it for a long time so something upgradeable with the board having future processors for the socket would be great.

Thank you so much for the advice if you need another details please let me know. I appreciate the assistance.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Other than Fortnite, which other games do you plan on playing?

Where would you like to purchase the parts? Amazon, Newegg, or Microcenter (if near you).

Would you like a case with good cooling and RGB lighting?

bradnewman

Mar 2, 2011
I have purchased from Newegg before with success, but am open to any suggestions.

Besides Fortnite, Minecraft JavaScript, Oculus Virtual Desktop, Roblox are among the top games played.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
You're not going to be able to upgrade your CPU beyond the current generation. Both AMD and Intel have new sockets on the next generation. AMD went 3 or 4 gens (if you count Zen+) on AM4, don't recall if Intel has gone beyond 2 gens.

ASK THE COMMUNITY