Gaming on a Mac

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Anyone on the gaming forums game on a Mac (i.e. Mac Book Pro) since they are kind of like "PCs" now?

Just curious - thinking about getting one but I'm a heavy gamer so I'm not too sure.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I use boot camp all the time on my MBP when I want to game and have no problem. When you use boot camp your Mac is just like any other PC really

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: KaOTiK
I use boot camp all the time on my MBP when I want to game and have no problem. When you use boot camp your Mac is just like any other PC really

About how long does it take you to boot from OSX to XP?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
You can set it up so when you turn the laptop on it automatically goes to either OSX or XP. You can hold down the Option key when you turn it on and select which one you want to load and then it loads up just like any other computer would

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: AnthroAndStargate
Anyone on the gaming forums game on a Mac (i.e. Mac Book Pro) since they are kind of like "PCs" now?

Just curious - thinking about getting one but I'm a heavy gamer so I'm not too sure.

Depends on what you are playing. My iMac does WOW just fine, in fact I can run three copies at one time ( 3gb 2.16 C2d with 7600GT )