Gaming Laptop with NVMe

PCaddict9

Apr 30, 2017
Could someone recommend a gaming laptop with a NVMe m.2 drive that also has a backlit keyboard and doesn't look like it came from a bubblegum Factory.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
There's no significant real-world difference between a 2.5" SSD and an NVME m.2 for gaming.

What is your budget, what size screen do you want, and what resolution do you want? Are you buying this week, or sometime in the future?

PCaddict9

Apr 30, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I no longer require a laptop and therefore no longer need the information.

PCaddict9

Apr 30, 2017
There's no significant real-world difference between a 2.5" SSD and an NVME m.2 for gaming.

What is your budget, what size screen do you want, and what resolution do you want? Are you buying this week, or sometime in the future?
Am I to disbelieve all the reviews I have read regarding the increased speed of NVMe drives?

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
I no longer play games but sata3 ssd is pretty damn fast. NVME m.2 laptop was blazing fast. Was it worth the $2500 I'm not sure but I like me some fast laptops.

Sep 12, 2004
Even though the OP doesn't need an answer any longer, for others looking for a decent gaming laptop that isn't ridiculously blinged out, I just picked up one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Eluktronics-...496985740&sr=8-4&keywords=eluktronics+n870hk1

It's a solid, quality build, runs cool, fast, great display, RGB backlit keyboard that's completely customizable, looks like a regular laptop, and is a decent price for what you get. Never heard of these guys before so I took a chance but I'm very happy with the decision. If you go to their website there are plenty of options to choose from for each model as well.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Even though the OP doesn't need an answer any longer, for others looking for a decent gaming laptop that isn't ridiculously blinged out, I just picked up one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Eluktronics-...496985740&sr=8-4&keywords=eluktronics+n870hk1

It's a solid, quality build, runs cool, fast, great display, RGB backlit keyboard that's completely customizable, looks like a regular laptop, and is a decent price for what you get. Never heard of these guys before so I took a chance but I'm very happy with the decision. If you go to their website there are plenty of options to choose from for each model as well.

Looks good but I'd probably still lean towards one of the Costco models as for same price you get the 4 year warranty.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2004
I didn't even think about Costco carrying gaming laptops. They do have an ASUS ROG 17" currently for sale for the same price as the one I bought, and it has 16GB of ram and a 1GB drive which is a big plus. However, the SSD is a 2.5", not an NVMe, and I'm not sure if the display is IPS.

PCaddict9

Apr 30, 2017

Sep 12, 2004
This looks like a great buy. How's the keyboard for typing?
I saw some review complaints about the keyboard prior to purchase, mostly that the keyboard was too squished or didn't use all of the available real-estate. I don[t find that to be the case at all. The keys feel like they are where they're supposed to be. If they were spread out further to the edge it would tend to cause some handling issues when lifting it to place it somewhere, at least for me.

I love this laptop. It just feels so solid. Imo it's a great deal for the money.