Gaming headphone inputs conflict with speaker inputs

TitusPullo

Jan 25, 2009
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a gaming headphone set so I don't keep my wife up late at night when gaming.

However all the decent headphones I see have multiple inputs (analog) and my analog inputs on my SB X-fi are already occupied by my 5.1 Logitech surround sound system.

Is there a way to enable onboard sound so I can plug my headphones into the analog inputs on the onboard card, and switch between the two in Windows 7?

Or should I blow the cash on an optical wire for my Logitech system and thus save the analog inputs for the headphones?

Which would work better?? Thanks -- I am not really informed when it comes to sound.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
most motherboard have the option in bios to enable/disable the onboard sound in the bios.

you may have to install drivers but it should work.

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
Just plug your headphones into the onboard sound port. Then you should be able to select which 'device' to play the sounds out too once you are inside the game ("in game" settings/options/whatevs)

Your motherboard soundcard should be working, It's just that your Sound Blaster is the 'default' sound output device. You need to tell your game to output sounds to something else.

Last edited: