Question Gaming chair

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I got a Serta i5000 high back chair for $400 (normally $580) for my gaming setup. I settled on it after trying out numerous $2000-3000 chairs (Aeron, Embody, Leap Worklounge, Freedom), which all had some issue or lacking feature. I wanted one I could sit back and relax in while still being a desk chair with good ergonomics. It's definitely better quality than several Staples/Lazboy chairs I've had before, with an all-metal build and nicer materials, and has a lumbar support that auto adjusts when you recline and feels great. The controls are under the armrests instead of under the seat, which is very convenient. It's meant for a tall/large person which I'm not, but the high/wide armrests work perfectly for my mouse+G13 setup.

The Staples chairs were always good for a year and then the fake leather would starting peeling off or become flat. I'll find out how long this one lasts. Some of the gaming chairs actually felt nice but I didn't like the look or the build quality. The Aeron and Leap were nice but lacked headrests, and the headrest versions like the Leap Worklounge had other issues like the arms being too low. The Embody didn't seem that great quality-wise for how much it costs.

Last edited:

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I've had my Embody for about a year now and it's probably the most comfortable and non-fatiguing chair I've used. Even compared to all the other Herman Miller's that I've used in the office. I pretty much in it from 7am to 6pm and then a few more hours before bed. There is a lot of plastics to it, but the seating material doesn't show any signs of wear and the rollers are extremely smooth. I would not hesitate to do it all over again.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Good to know. I was referring to the plastic but the seat material is probably more important anyway.

This i5000 is very comfortable for long periods, and the lumbar support feels like it's massaging you lol. Not sure how well it will hold up over time, although it seems better than the Staples chairs. I figured at this price if it lasts 3-4 years it will have been worth it.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Good to know. I was referring to the plastic but the seat material is probably more important anyway.

This i5000 is very comfortable for long periods, and the lumbar support feels like it's massaging you lol. Not sure how well it will hold up over time, although it seems better than the Staples chairs. I figured at this price if it lasts 3-4 years it will have been worth it.

I'm sure it will last and probably a $500 or $1500 have similar materials. Ergonomics is more important anyways. Even if it lasts 3 years, it's better to be comfortable than flashy.