Gaming Build Avg. Temps?

nocturnalcallin

Jun 3, 2011
Are these safe temperatures for my cpu? I think the max operating temperature for this processor is 62 (not sure). I'm using the stock cooler. I was thinking about purchasing the thermaltake frio. Idle temp is usually between 47-50. Max temp readings are from playing Shogun 2.

Temperature.jpg
tempse.jpg

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Yea that isn't too bad you are looking fine, i have run one of those suckers to 70c+

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
His 5770 is maxing @94C.. I personally don't like anything in my PC going over 70C. Video cards are an exception but still no higher than 80C while running the most stressful app (such as furmark or heaven demo)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
lol..

i tell people not to ask for average temps, because no one has the average room setup.

Or to be exact, there is no such thing as the average room setup.

What that means is, things like ambient, getting fresh air to your pc, and having a clean wiring job will effect your temps drastically.

Also asking other members for average temps is setting up someone like me, whose on top tier water to come and rain on the parade... :X

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Are these safe temperatures for my cpu? I think the max operating temperature for this processor is 62 (not sure). I'm using the stock cooler.

If the CPU max is 62ºC, you are using the stock cooler and you don't see over 59ºC according to your screenshot, then I don't see any problem.

deimos3428

Mar 6, 2009
Those CPU temps are fine. If your ambient jumps up in the summer, go for an aftermarket cooler to keep them in check.

However, your GPU temps seem high. 94C isn't dangerous, but for a 5770 with good case airflow that seems pretty hot unless you just finished a Furmark run. You didn't list the case you're using, so we don't know anything about your airflow, but an additional fan might help there.

nocturnalcallin

Jun 3, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I'm using the cooler master scout case with two cooler master sickle flow case fans added to the side panel. Also, I haven't used any programs to increase the GPU fan speed. This is my first build and the reason why I questioned the temps.

Specs:

- ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 MOBO

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4 GHz CPU

- Corsair XMS 3 4GB (2x 2GB Sticks) RAM

- Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB HDD

- Enermax Pro 87+ 600W PSU

- Cooler Master Scout Case

- 2x Cooler Master Sickle Flow 120mm Cae fans

- Sunbeam Rhoebus Fan Controller

- XFX Radeon 5770 1GB Dual Slot Version

- XP Home 32-bit