Gametap freakin rocks!

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
The wife and I got it mainly for the boys for they have a ton of educational games on there, and can adjust what they play by age group. I love that, and the fact I dont really have to bother with installing games on my 6 year olds computer, and have him going through it deleting stuff out of it, not knowing what it is he is doing, for he is just learning how to read. Kinda cute, but a pain in the ass, but cute, when he goes "I dont need this Daddy" trashes it, flushes the can, and Im like "NOOOOOOOO that was your iso to blues clues! I spent making for you from your cds, NOOOOOOO you trashed half of them I spent 3 days making for you!!!!"
Cd's and a 6 year old btw, not a good idea, may as well hand him $10 and a lighter, ISO's and 50%, oh how it has saved me a ton.

But now this game tap thing is saving me a ton of time and money, only $9 a month, and I am finding myself on there more and more, for all the old arcade games from the 80's I used to play as a kid. Its just loaded with all kids of stuff and Im having fun, with the kids. As soon as I can im paying for a year in advance, comes to around $5 a month that way.

Anyone else have this as well?

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I've been playing their free games and it gets :thumbsup::thumbsup: from me.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
Can you use across multiple computers with one login?

I have it on my Network pc, my internet pc, my htpc, and about to put it in my bedroom pc I am making, and all you have to do is install the software and put in your screen name and password.

BUT you also get 7 other account with yours for free, to share with family members so both my boys, my wife, my brothers, all have their own accounts made from my one. 2 years ago when I first had this it cost me $14.95 a month and it didnt come with any other accounts, that was extra, so this was another selling point, along with the educational games, for me to sign back up.

Originally posted by: Queasy
I've been playing their free games and it gets :thumbsup::thumbsup: from me.

You should sign up, they have well over 900+ games on there now you have access to each and every one, spanning over not only windows based games, but console games like Dreamcast, atari, c64, etc as well. Aside of the really cool games to install like NFS, was going to type Pschyonauts, but hell they are about to have that, and they have TR Anniversary, now, there really is no reason to install games on my pc any more aside of the few newer ones out.

elmro

Dec 4, 2005
I love gametap for the free, ad-sponsored games. Why should I pay $20 for Jagged Alliance 2 over steam, when I can just watch a 15 second commercial and play it for free on gametap?

I recommend everyone play the free title, neo geo turf masters (the golf game). I am in love with it.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
I got it for the same reason as funboy. Most educational games are $10-20 each, and with gametap, the kids get access to 100's for $10/month. Plus, its kinda fun playing some of the old school games. Pick up a cheap controller as it will make it much more fun (I like the xbox 360 controller myself).

elmro

Dec 4, 2005
Just as an update to my previous post - they took Jagged Alliance 2 out of the free games section =(

Apr 17, 2005
wait...you can play games for free? i'm assuming its a limited selection. how much for the full membership. sounds like it would save me some cash cause i dont really replay games.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
wait...you can play games for free? i'm assuming its a limited selection. how much for the full membership. sounds like it would save me some cash cause i dont really replay games.

The most you will pay is $9.99 a month, in gets cheaper then that depending on how you want to be billed.

Both my boys are playing it right now, yet again.