Games you want to buy during steam 2013 summer sale

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
So far.

Skyrim DLC, DawnGuard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored
Endless Space
KOTOR2: TSL
Heroes of Might and Magic VI:Gold
StarDrive
FTL
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Just Cause 2
Metro 2033
Anoon 2070 Complete Edition

Also bought Fallout: New Vegas and Tomb Raider 2013 for my younger brother, because he's a cheap bastard and only has Half Life 2, L4D*, and Counter Strike titles that Valve gives away with download of the Steam client. :p

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Borderlands 2
Witcher 1 + 2
Dishonored

all the games I wanted from steam for now, for ~$30.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
It's on sale right now. $14.99 for the Sims 3. All of the expansions are 50% off, for a grand total of $234.82 for the whole shabang-a-bang. Good lord.

yeah... maybe 75-80% off and I'll think about giving EA that much money :p

still hoping the Civ V Gold upgrade goes back on sale for $5; I wish I'd jumped on it the other day. I've already got the base game and expansions, but I'd pay $5 for all the DLC the Gold edition includes.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Don' t get too worried if you missed something. If you hadn't noticed by now, they've already hit every sale you are going to see. They are just rotating through and we still have till the 22nd. If they actually do something off the wall I'd be surprised. You'll see all the daily deals again as a flash deal if nothing else.

As for deciding when to buy something, these days I just consider the likelihood I'll play it more than 5 minutes. Skyrim is a perfect example. While I love the idea, typically on all the Elder Scroll games I absolutely hate the combat. I put up with it in Daggerfall and Morrowind, but Oblivion just irritated me to no end and I barely played it at all. I know nothing has changed with Skyrim except it's prettier. I do want to try it just because of that, but it's a $10 buy at most for me. This is why buying anything under $5 is just fine, even if I don't get to it forever(or at all). It beats paying $40-50 for something I'll never play (Like I did countless times in the past).

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Don' t get too worried if you missed something. If you hadn't noticed by now, they've already hit every sale you are going to see. They are just rotating through and we still have till the 22nd. If they actually do something off the wall I'd be surprised. You'll see all the daily deals again as a flash deal if nothing else.

As for deciding when to buy something, these days I just consider the likelihood I'll play it more than 5 minutes. Skyrim is a perfect example. While I love the idea, typically on all the Elder Scroll games I absolutely hate the combat. I put up with it in Daggerfall and Morrowind, but Oblivion just irritated me to no end and I barely played it at all. I know nothing has changed with Skyrim except it's prettier. I do want to try it just because of that, but it's a $10 buy at most for me. This is why buying anything under $5 is just fine, even if I don't get to it forever(or at all). It beats paying $40-50 for something I'll never play (Like I did countless times in the past).

I'm the same way on Skyrim... I love the idea of it, but I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy it until I completed Oblivion (which I bought for $30 and has been sitting unplayed for like 3 years)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I'm the same way on Skyrim... I love the idea of it, but I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy it until I completed Oblivion (which I bought for $30 and has been sitting unplayed for like 3 years)

I haven't finished Daggerfall. I have games like Mass Effect 3 and haven't played 1 yet.