44    Undying
45    Unreal Return to Na Pali
46    Vengeance Lost Love
47    Where Angels Cry Tears of the Fallen
48    Ziggurat

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm not going to list them all but I definitely cranked out a solid number, 10-15 games completed which is god damn Herculean given the time constraints for uninterrupted gaming.

Some highlights include Portal 2, Bastion, and Brutal Legend.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I don't have a list, so off the top of my head:

QUBE
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Inside
Hidden Folks
Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
Stardew Valley (didn't do everything, but got the 4 lit candles or whatever it was)

Adawy

Sep 9, 2017
Yeah, good games never die. Here is my list:

- Darksiders.
- Iconoclasts.
- Inside.
- Need for Speed Underground.
- Need for Speed Underground 2.
- Need for Speed Carbon.
- Road Rash 1994 (PS1 Emulator).

Last edited:

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Grim Dawn... but I haven't finished AoM, and I just finished the main quest storyline in the base game, so I don't know if that counts as "finished".

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
And on the last day of the year (since it's after midnight), and over 6 years after I originally started it, I finally beat The Walking Dead (season one).

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Brutal Legend.

Wow, I didn't know anyone even bothered with that thing anymore. That would almost be obscure were it not for Jack Black being involved with the project.

Finished a lot this year. Some of the emulator stuff I hardly remember. Radiant Historia really stuck out, and I played the entire Golden Sun series. It was mostly worth it. Mostly. The third entry was weak though.

Just going off the Steam list:

Bioshock Infinite
Dragon Quest XI
Fallout 4
Fez
Hollow Knight (did not beat the Radiance, fooey on that fight and the boss rush crap from the last DLC)
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun Dragonfall (Director's Cut)
Shadowrun: Hong Kong (Extended Edition)
Shovel Knight (only as Hollow Knight; didn't win as Shovel Knight or Plague Knight)
Torchlight II
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tyranny
Undertale

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Psssh, I haven't finished a game in years. Not that I'm bragging; I don't game much anymore and just kinda get bored with them after playing a little bit now. Frickin sucks

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, it was okay but easier in stealth, non-lethal mode than previous editions of Dishonored and way too easy in "kill everybody" mode.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Dark Souls Remastered
Dark Souls 3 (PC and PS4)
Far Cry 5
God of War
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins
Sniper Elite 4

I ended up spending more time replaying the same games, mainly Dark Souls 3 and Diablo 3 on the Switch.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Wow, I didn't know anyone even bothered with that thing anymore. That would almost be obscure were it not for Jack Black being involved with the project.

Finished a lot this year. Some of the emulator stuff I hardly remember. Radiant Historia really stuck out, and I played the entire Golden Sun series. It was mostly worth it. Mostly. The third entry was weak though.

Just going off the Steam list:

Bioshock Infinite
Dragon Quest XI
Fallout 4
Fez
Hollow Knight (did not beat the Radiance, fooey on that fight and the boss rush crap from the last DLC)
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun Dragonfall (Director's Cut)
Shadowrun: Hong Kong (Extended Edition)
Shovel Knight (only as Hollow Knight; didn't win as Shovel Knight or Plague Knight)
Torchlight II
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tyranny
Undertale

- The games you beat include a ton of games I'm planning to play, so I suspect our tastes align.

How did you feel about the new Shadowrun games as well as Torment? Have those in my library and I'm just taking my sweat time getting started...

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
Salt and Sanctuary
Doom 2016
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Grim Dawn
FTL
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Hob
Furi

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I also finished The Room Three and a handful of hidden object games. The Room Three is good, short like all The Room games but still nice.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
How did you feel about the new Shadowrun games as well as Torment? Have those in my library and I'm just taking my sweat time getting started...

First let me say, I haven't tried the Shadowrun Chronicles games yet, so I can't say whether or not they're any good. They have not reviewed well and they are relatively new. Looks like HareBrained Studios had nothing to do with the games.

That aside, I enjoyed the three HareBrained Studios Shadowrun games. The first one is a little rough around the edges. If you play it before you play the others, it'll be easier to get through it. Also one of the major problems with all three HBS Shadowrun games is that it does not penalize you for trying to smuggle unconcealed weapons from one location to another - a major issue for shadowrunners in the PnP games. You can't just waltz down the street with a Panther Cannon! Or even assault rifles, unless you have the right connections (member of a corporate security team, etc.). HBS lets you go anywhere with any kind of weapon you want. So as a consequence, one of the best ways to break all three games is to play a custom elf Street Samurai and just shoot the hell out of everything with the biggest guns you can get. The game hands you deckers so you never really need to play one. Also, riggers only get to use drones. Racter may be the only rigger worth playing out of all three games thanks to how good he can get. There's no vehicular interfacing or anything like that (aww).

Outside of those flaws, the games play a fair bit like old Fallout games. Turn-based grid combat with guns. If you like that style, it'll suit you pretty well. Support mages are a lot of fun, too. They can speed up your gun guy, making him knock out enemies even faster than before. Drain is almost a non-factor, which is a nice change from early editions of the PnP game.

Now on to Torment: Tides of Numenera

Torment is . . . difficult to play. The controls aren't that great, it's a bit buggy, and it feels like some of the game system itself is flawed. It's nowhere near as good as Planescape: Torment. Some of the writing is excellent, and some of it is overwrought nonsense. Plus they really cheaped out on some parts of the game when they drop out of the game engine and into choose-your-own-adventure narratives. I would say it's worth it if you can get it on sale. $15 or less. Which I think is what I paid for it? Oh, and be warned that there are lots of missables. Quests can fail if you take too long to do them (sometimes in arbitrary and silly ways). Most people seem to be of the opinion that nanos are OP, so if you play one of those, you should get through combats pretty easily. Anyway it's good enough that I finished the game, but not good enough for me to want to play it again. And it's SHORT. Definitely not worth full retail.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
XCOM2
Tomb Raider 4 (The Last Revelation) @BFG10K is this a favourite of yours? I thought you preferred the newer TR games.
XCOM: Enemy Within (2012)

Looks like I gave Witcher 3 a rest :) We're playing Dragon Age: Origins for the first time atm: RPG trope central.