Games you bought just for multi player, but ended up LOVING single player?

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare. I heard the hype about the game and decided to check it out, after only playing a little of the original COD years ago. The multiplayer was extremely fun (other than being a 'nade fest), but the single player campaign completely blew me away. The story was actually immersive, and I found myself wanting to see what would happen next. It was a bit short, but good nonetheless. MW2 and BF: BC2 both had their moments, but they fail to compare unless you take multi player into account.

Starcraft II. I'm somewhere around 10 missions into the single player right now, and I can't put it down. I didn't really enjoy the single player campaigns for the original Starcraft, and only liked single player in Warcraft III marginally better. SC2, on the other hand, is phenomenal. I thought the story sequences (between missions) was a bit lame at first, but now I enjoy it. I like being able to pick which order I complete missions in, and having bonus objectives that give rewards to improve my armies.

Diablo. Due to rampant hacks and the infamous dupe bug, the online play sucked. The single player, on the other hand, is still one of my most memorable gaming experiences. Diablo 2 was the opposite; I loved the multi player but couldn't stand playing it alone.

Company of Heroes. Some missions are actually tough, I was impressed.

Garou24

Oct 21, 2008
Modern Warfare 2. I got the game to play Multiplayer witht he guys from work. Then got bored one day and started the singleplayer and was blown away. A very fun single player campaign and some neat missions.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I've got plenty of examples of the other way around, but I'm having a hard time thinking of one.

I guess L4D's single player was pretty decent, the AI was pretty good. But LOVE is a strong word.