Games you are excited for?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Not going to include unannounced games like ES6.

Fallout 4
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy VII remake

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Not many to be honest, but I'm used to that.

I am excited about Fallout 4, however. Although, admittedly, probably more about the mods for it that we'll see down the road than for the actual vanilla game (but that too is exciting anyway). I won't play it until a good year or more after its release, however (I'll wait for the major bugs to be squished... by the community, but Unofficial patches take time to make a good difference, plus... mods, I'll wait for mods).

I'd like to say that I am excited about No Man's Sky, but I know deep down in my heart that it will disappoint me, simply because it's promising way too much for the dev studio that they are. There is no way on Earth and in Hell that a 10th of what they envision will be delivered. Still... I can't wait to play it. I will buy it (PC version though), but yeah... I'm heading for a full frontal collision with that one.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm looking forward to proper mouse controls and proper menus.
Oh well some day

Honestly, I mostly want multiple core support for pathfinder so that when I have 100 dwarfs on a 3x3 map on an i5, I get more than 3 fps. Also, dwarves should probably incinerate their old clothes rather than leave them all over the farking place .... Yes I know one can manage them with an atom smasher or lava pit, but it's gotten to the point where so much energy and time goes into cleaning up the trash that it takes away a lot of the fun. Alos would help a lot in the CPU usage department as well...

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'd like to say that I am excited about No Man's Sky, but I know deep down in my heart that it will disappoint me, simply because it's promising way too much for the dev studio that they are. There is no way on Earth and in Hell that a 10th of what they envision will be delivered. Still... I can't wait to play it. I will buy it (PC version though), but yeah... I'm heading for a full frontal collision with that one.

Yeah that's kind of why I'm set on a maybe right now on it. They do seem to be reaching for more than they can achieve but I do hope the game delivers the right amount of entertainment without getting boring. Something about it says I'll be super bored if I am not at least talking to friends while playing.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fallout 4
Metal Gear Solid V:The Phantom Pain
Star Citizen (do I even need to say this?)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Fallout 4 is the only one, but with 400+ hours of content plus the inevitable DLC and then mods that's all I need. Well, that and all my Steam games I have not yet played or have barely touched. (Speaking of which, has anyone released a good no-suck mod ofr Aliens vs Predator?) And Fallout New Vegas with the full Project Brazil and The Frontier mods. The good news is that after I upgrade my GPU to an R9 390 and install the second SSD I've already got, I shouldn't have to spend any more money on my three year old PC to play all this.

EDIT: Among others, I still have Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 1 & 2, Crysis 2, Deus Ex: The Fall, Dirt 2 & 3 & Showdown, Dishonored, Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, Far Cry 4, Grim Fandango Remastered, Interstellar Marines, Witcher 1 & 2, & two Wolfensteins. Getting excited about games is something on which I'm trying to get a handle.

Last edited:

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Resident Evil 2 Remake by Capcom... it's FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem..

Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4.

Shenmue 3... but PS4 only, so i have to invest in a PS4 at some point.

Shenmue 3 is coming to PC. Mine is bought and paid for.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Doom 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dead Island 2, Hitman, and a little of Dishonored 2 :)