Games like Supreme Commander 2?

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Just played Supreme Commander 2 for the first time and liked it a lot. I got it on sale for $2.50 that is why I decided to try it. Getting Supreme Commander 1 now which is also on sale.

Are Ashes of the Singularity and Sins of Solar Empire similar games?

Thanks.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know about Ashes, but Sins of a Solar Empire is kind of a mix of a 4X game (Civilization/Masters of Orion) with RTS.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
It's almost universally agreed that SupCom1:FA was better than SupCom 2.

Ashes is a very similar game (for good reason). Sins of a Solar Empire is also a fantastic game, but as Fallen mentioned it's really a different kind of a RTS. There hasn't been a whole lot of action on the RTS front these days.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Total Annihilation is the original series to SC and you can often get it pretty cheap at GOG.

Feb 4, 2009
It's almost universally agreed that SupCom1:FA was better than SupCom 2.

Ashes is a very similar game (for good reason). Sins of a Solar Empire is also a fantastic game, but as Fallen mentioned it's really a different kind of a RTS. There hasn't been a whole lot of action on the RTS front these days.

This. You liked the worst Sup Com of them all? I’m get the original and/or Forged Alliance. There is an active community for match making you just need to load another app to make it happen. They even added co-op play and improved the AI.
Google it.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Yeah, I tried to play Sup Com 2 and I hated it but I loved the original and the expansion Forged Alliance. FA is far superior but you only need the additional program if you want to play online with others. You don't need it to just play the base game and the original + the expansion go on sale on Steam all the time.

Also, I second the idea of getting Total Annihilation at GoG. I think I paid $2 for them all.