Games for a 5 year old?

amheck

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2000
Not too sure how much input we'll get in this forum, but I didn't know where else to post.

My son's school has a few PC's set up where they play games. I'm going to ask his teacher what they use, but thought I'd check here first. The only one I remember from back in day was Carmen Santiago and some train one where you moved the trains out west, or something like that.

Any idea what games the kindergartner's are playing these days?

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I play Webkinz with my 3 year old. I have to do everything for her, but she tells me what to do.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
My daughter mainly plays Webkinz. Lot of arcade games there designed for the younger folks.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
There are the puzzle games. For example there's Peggle from Popcap on Steam. Thinking about it, most of the Popcap web games would work for a 5 year old.

roid450

Sep 4, 2008
http://kids.yahoo.com/games

also I think IMO the Need for Speed games are OK for kids that age and elementary school. Nothing wrong with good old fashion car racing, tho the gam itself might be too complicated for them in Career, Arcade should do just fine. After all, they are rated E for everyone.

my little nephew is 6 and he enjoys playing a bowling game on Wii, and a Mario Brothers game for Wii. He's also very good at the Mario Cart Racing Game.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: TBSN
Red Light, Green Light, 1,2,3!!!!

Tag!

Play OUTSIDE!!!!!!

You are suggesting kids do something besides sit and stare at a monitor or tv How dare you !
They might actually start wanting do that more often, then all of society will crumble ! Without tv and video games how will parents babysit ? How will the marketers prepare them for adulthood ?

Sheesh, the ideas some people get.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Oregon Trail.

I used to play that like CRAZY back in the day. First time I learned about malaria (or whatever diseases that it had)!

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Age of Empires 1 or 2.

I dunno about the blood aspect. I was playing such games when I was 6-7, and I turned out fine...I think.

Aug 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Originally posted by: TBSN
Red Light, Green Light, 1,2,3!!!!

Tag!

Play OUTSIDE!!!!!!

You are suggesting kids do something besides sit and stare at a monitor or tv How dare you !
They might actually start wanting do that more often, then all of society will crumble ! Without tv and video games how will parents babysit ? How will the marketers prepare them for adulthood ?

Sheesh, the ideas some people get.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that none of you are parents.

Aug 28, 2006
My daughter is 4 1/2 and I've tried buying a few kids games but they were pretty bad so l'd like to find something as well. Sometimes she plays games on the interent at sites like Sesame Street or My Little Pony.

Most of the time, when we play video games it's on the Wii. We have a lot of fun playing Wii sports (mostly tennis) and Wii play.